PC-NVR Options Greyed Out

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
SecHWD

PC-NVR Options Greyed Out

Post by SecHWD »

I have installed Amcrest Surveillance Pro 1.14.1 on my Windows 10 PC.

Also installed the the PC-NVR as well, and it is running.

I've added all my cameras and my own PC as well inside devices - and it shows all cameras and the PC NVR as online.

However, when going to the PC-NVR tab, ALL the options on the left hand side (Remote Device, Disk Management, Record Plan, and Version) are greyed out.

I've seen some other discussion threads that says all you have to do is add the PC as a device (but i've already done this).

I have also tried installing this software and following all the necessary steps on another Windows 10 PC AND a Windows 7 PC, but in each case, the options are greyed out.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue??

Thanks,

Chris
WolfLead6

Re: PC-NVR Options Greyed Out

Post by WolfLead6 »

Have same issue.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi,

Please ensure the below steps are done in Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

1) Please go to Devices and add the PC as a device list. For this, go to the option 'Devices'.
2) Click on the 'Add' button.
The next field will ask for the following info;
a) Device name: This can be anything eg: PC NVR
b) Method to add: select 'ip/Domain'.
c) Ip/Domain name: This should be the ip address of your computer
d) Port: 37777
e) Group name: Default
f) Username: admin
g) Password : admin
h) Click add

After this, you can go to the PC NVR section and the options there should work.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Wootings

Post by Wootings »

Having the same problem, using latest version of the software from the Amcrest website.

Have correctly added the camera as noted - works fine through the Live View.

No options available in the NVR bit.
akololli

Post by akololli »

I have the same exact problem despite following the instructions. Created the PC NVR in the device menu, but when I go to the PC-NVR, all options are greyed out. Is this a bug?
akololli

Post by akololli »

Having the same exact issue. Talked to a Amcrest Technical support guy and he couldn't figure this out either. No matter what we did, the options were grey. He tried for over an hour and then gave up. Wonder if this is a bug?

Abraham
bgenet

Post by bgenet »

Hello,
Same problem.
I have two IP-841.

I cant get PC-NVR working either.
I did what Melvin said :
1) Please go to Devices and add the PC as a device list. For this, go to the option 'Devices'.
2) Click on the 'Add' button.
The next field will ask for the following info;
a) Device name: This can be anything eg: PC NVR
b) Method to add: select 'ip/Domain'.
c) Ip/Domain name: This should be the ip address of your computer
d) Port: 37777
e) Group name: Default
f) Username: admin
g) Password : admin
h) Click add

PC-NVR is highlighted but when I opened the PC-NVR tab in the Surveillance Pro, the entire page is greyed out and disabled. All fields ("Name", "IP", "Port", and "Status") are blank.
Tried 3 times on 3 different PC ( one Win10 and 2 win7pro ) => same result.

Thanks for your help.

Bernard.
MZimmerma

Post by MZimmerma »

I have the same problem. I was going to purchase more of these cameras until this happened. I cannot record anything. This makes the cameras pretty much useless. I managed to find 3rd party software that allows me to record, but at awful frame rates.

This is obviously a problem with the software and apparently nobody at Amcrest can figure it out. This makes me have no confidence in their products. On top of this issue I've also had constant connectivity and frame rate issues with my camera.

I've searched for hours looking for a solution to this problem and hours troubleshooting to figure it out, including a full re-installation of Windows which also didn't fix the problem. Please help your customers by finding a solution to this product breaking problem.

Thank you.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello MZimmerma ,

Did you already try the workaround posted here that is to add the PC NVR as a device with the ip address of the computer? If already done, please do check if your computer has multiple IP addresses, like wired and wireless IP. If that is the case, please try the other computer IP to add PC NVR to the device.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

MZimmerma

Post by MZimmerma »

Hi,

I did try the work around described in this post, however the PC-NVR settings are still grayed out. I do have 2 network cards built in to my motherboard with 2 different IP addresses.

I initially installed this software around a year ago and everything was working the way it should. A few months ago it stopped working. I cant tell when it stopped recording though because I cannot access any of the video files that were recorded through PC-NVR. Also, when it was working before I did not have to add my PC to the devices list as described in this post.

If there is another setting I need to change due to having dual network cards, please advise.

Thank you,

Matt