Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by amcrest168 »

Sammy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 am
amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm Okay. I'll fine tune my BI settings as such but I'm afraid it is already borked. It might be and RMA unit if I don't get this working correctly.
if you are able to perform a hard reset with the doorbell, the doorbell shall be restored to its factory setting for your to start over. rma is not needed if the reset button works.
I was able to reset it but the issues persist. I'm working with Amcrest Support on getting it going again but their response time is very slow. Hopefully they'll have something for me today or will RMA the unit.
being able to reset is a good sign. the doorbell should be restored to its factory state following a reset. motion detection should work properly if you only use the smart home app. feel free to report back.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

The only reason I got this was to use it in BlueIris. I may as well send it back to amazon and re-install my Ring otherwise but the PQ is much better than Ring's..

I suppose I'll try disabling it in BlueIris then see if I can get it working normally then re-enable it in BlueIris.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

I like the ad110 because of its superior picture and video quality and i can record both regular and motion detection from the nvr. i can't use a nvr with the ring.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

I deleted the camera from BlueIris and now it functions correctly in the Amcrest Smart Home App. I need to add it back into BlueIris but only for 24 hour recording and live viewing which is less than I want it to do. Hopefully Amcrest support is reading this and will roll new f/w to address it.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

the most 3rd party apps and non-amcrest brand nvrs can do with amcrest smart home cameras are regular recording and live view. i have an amcrest nvr hence it does live view, regular and motion detected recordings with the ad110 doorbell. doorbell motion detected zones are only set from the smart home app and not from the nvr. any 3rd party camera i add to the amcrest nvr will only support regular recording and live view.

i have helped a neighbor install his amcrest ad110 and he's very happy with his decision. another neighbor who has a ring doorbell complains about ring's picture and video quality and dependency on ring's cloud. i think it's a matter of time he'll sell his ring doorbell on craigslist.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

My AD110 has been working perfectly since I returned the brick and installed the replacement. I only have one question. I have a Samsung micro sd card installed and motion detection enabled. It has been working as expected. I get motion events and can view the recorded events. And every so often I check storage status to see how much memory on the card has been used. About a week ago, storage status began showing that the card was disabled. BUT, motion detection still works and I can see the events, so, if the card is disabled, how am I able to view the motion events? I do not have the cloud enabled.

Regards, Jim
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @hawkeye62, i would remove the micro sd card from the doorbell and see if you can read it with a regular computer. perhaps reformat it and see if the smart home app recognizes the card. if not, you may try to do a hard reset and see if the app detects the card. if not, then you may be looking at another rma.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

amcrest1568: Thanks for the reply. Well, since the events record and I can view the event videos, I think I will let well enough alone. But if the card is really disabled, where are the event videos being recorded?

Regards, Jim
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:18 am the most 3rd party apps and non-amcrest brand nvrs can do with amcrest smart home cameras are regular recording and live view. i have an amcrest nvr hence it does live view, regular and motion detected recordings with the ad110 doorbell. doorbell motion detected zones are only set from the smart home app and not from the nvr. any 3rd party camera i add to the amcrest nvr will only support regular recording and live view.

i have helped a neighbor install his amcrest ad110 and he's very happy with his decision. another neighbor who has a ring doorbell complains about ring's picture and video quality and dependency on ring's cloud. i think it's a matter of time he'll sell his ring doorbell on craigslist.

I have two Amcrest WiFi Cams that are fully functional in BlueIris. I expected the same with the AD110.

That said, the PQ and response time is superior to the Ring. I'm just wondering if there's maybe something better available or if Amcrest can improve on this with a firmware update.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hawkeye62 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:39 am amcrest1568: Thanks for the reply. Well, since the events record and I can view the event videos, I think I will let well enough alone. But if the card is really disabled, where are the event videos being recorded?

Regards, Jim
if the card appears disabled and you have cloud storage enabled, then the recordings should also be accessible through your cloud storage account. i am using a nvr and i did not activated my cloud storage account and i think the recordings could also uploaded to the cloud but i just don't have access to them because i did not activate my cloud storage. perhaps someone from amcrest can provide additional clarity on how cloud recordings work.