DVR rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Skins6983

Re: DVR rebooting

Post by Skins6983 »

Is everyone making sure that the DVR firmware is updated? I replaced power adapter and the cooling fan in the DVR and the DVR still continued to reboot. Updating the firmware immediately fixed the reboot issue.
Maddux

Post by Maddux »

*Update - After installing the cooling fan a while back, it has kept the DVR ice cold but the reboots started coming back, so I did more research and on a hunch, I looked at the power adapter Amcrest provided for the DVR. It only provides 2 amps. The hard drive alone can use up to about 3 amps at times so I disconnected the adapter that was supplied and switched with an old 4 amp laptop adapter I had sitting around and voila! It's been about 3 months now and the DVR has ceased the reboot cycles. So the adapters they send do not provide enough power to the DVR. Think of a computer that turns off after the loading screen.. once you change the power supply, the issue disappears.. same method applies here :)
simonx123

Post by simonx123 »

Anyone came out with a solution to the rebooting issue of amdv1080 DVR besides modifying the power supply or fans?

Appreciate the help in advance!
Maddux

Post by Maddux »

Changing to a 4 amp power supply did it for me. It's been almost a year and a half now with no reboots.
pdxrealtor

Post by pdxrealtor »

720P HD-CVI Tribrid - having the same issues. Constantly resetting. I don't have the time to play with cooling fans, power supplies, swapping cameras and DVRs, etc...

Amcrest - what's the deal?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello pdxrealtor ,

Please contact our support team and we will look into this issue for you.

https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

cadzilla88

Post by cadzilla88 »

I was having the same problem with my 1080P HD-CVI DVR unit and noticed that the box was very hot. I decided to remove the cover and noticed that it does not have a cooling fan and the DVR hard drive is mounted above the vent on the bottom. I hooked up a 5.5" usb fan next to the unit to keep it cool plus left the cover off. It has been 3 days with no reboots or errors so far. I don't see why there is no cooling fan in these units.
vbdino

Post by vbdino »

I am glad I read this post. I was about to purchase this DVR.

There are so many brands that it is hard to choose. Doesn't help when complete specs are not provided. Plus many manufacturers have a web site only for show and rely on resellers to handle the support. Amcrest appeared to be different but then what control do they have to production design, overseas in China.

Does Amcrest still delivers it with unsufficient power source and ventilation.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello vbdino,

There has been no reports of this issue recently so this is already taken care of and not an issue at the moment.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

cam930

Post by cam930 »

I have had my dvr for about a year now and it started the reboot - beep cycle today. I removed the cover and found the CPU fan was hard to turn by hand. it was frozen up. I cleaned it with some electrical cleaner because that was all i had on hand. You should try just some computer duster ( compressed air ) first. I waited a while for it to dry, then powered it back up. The fan now turns fine. The cpu was just overheating and then the thermal protection shut it down. Just clean the fan and make sure it's turning before putting the cover back on. This will probably happen from time to time as the fan gets clogged with dust, so you could maybe put a homemade filter on the vents or just clean it out every now and then. I know this thread is old, but I didn't see any solution posted. I hope this helps someone.