Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sheldon

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by sheldon »

I sure wish I had known about this software issue before I purchased my Amcrest NVR! Even Microsoft does not suppoert IE anymore and not working with Firefox pisses me off. Unfortunately I am past my 30 days and cannot return this NVR to Amazon.

Rant finished, has anyone from Amcrest responded to the complaints about modern browser support? The NVR is in a closet and I really do not want to have to go stand there to view anything.
sleepybear

Post by sleepybear »

Same issue here, purchased 6 4k cameras, doorbell, and nvr all from amcrest, to find issue after issue, choppy playback video, can't view videos on the browser due to plug in not supported. regret buying 1K worth of Amcrest stuff.
sjohns1000

Post by sjohns1000 »

All,

I recently reinstalled and now cant get any browser on my MAC to work. Chrome and Safari both give me the same install plugin error regardless of how many times i install it. I do not have IE which I believe is what I used last time.
jazzmonger

Post by jazzmonger »

Same here - nothing works on my Mac (Chrome, Canary, Firefox, Safari). Parallels w/ W10 and IE worked for 30 seconds then locks up. Looks like Amcrest is a goner. their newest cams dont even work with RTSP on Wifi. Garbage.
WilliamA

Post by WilliamA »

The new firmware works without plugins, at least on my Mac with Safari or Firefox. It also works on my iPhone (Safari). I upgraded a few NV4116E-HS and NV4108-HS models. So far no issues.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

WilliamA wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:55 pm I upgraded a few NV4116E-HS and NV4108-HS models. So far no issues.
Interesting, this thread reported problems with choppy video after the upgrade, which has made me hold off upgrading. So you've had no video issues?
WilliamA

Post by WilliamA »

I have not noticed any performance or choppiness issues. Most of my NVRs are accessed remotely and I don't see any playback issues. I also just tested playing back video on a monitor with a NV4116-HS and I didn't see any issues. I don't know if I'm testing it correctly but I couldn't replicate the reported issues.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know I know that some people have said they have playback and even preview aka Live View issues... I will admit that one of my Cameras that is a PITA for playing in 1 type mode to find out that I needed to change it from 704 x 480 to CIF that is 352 x 240 and in 9ch mode it looks horrid and video jumps it will play for a couple of seconds and then move forward that give a Jolt in view So I moved it back to 704 x 480 and it looks nice.. What a Pain to keep things looking smooth.. All of my Amcrest Cameras look fine at 640 x 480 for preview and wonder if that isn't the issue with the New FW I have not updated my NVR and my other one don't get an update so I am not trying out anything if you can't go back.. I have only seen 1 that offers that ability to go back to a 2018 FW and I wonder if it was a Fluke or if it was intended to be able to go back?
Be Safe.
tony2018

Post by tony2018 »

Updated my 4k nvr and cameras, all amcrest devices, and had to do a factory reset. All seems good. I mean I'm running at 15fps vs 30fps so maybe its that. My only issue with the firmware update is I can't do snapshots at full 4k, I have to use a lower setting, and right now I can't digital zoom for the life of me.