AD110 New Firmware??

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Airey001

AD110 New Firmware??

Post by Airey001 »

So this morning i got a system alert in the app dated 9/4/2020 stating there is a new firmware. to address connectivity issues. But the app says I am on the latest one from 7/02/20. Anyone else get this?
evogamer05

Re: AD110 New Firmware??

Post by evogamer05 »

I'm having the same issue. Said there was firmware, went to check and it says up to date and version number does not appear to have changed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, What you have there is a Push message from the Content Creator or in this Case Amcrest.. It isn't that your Camera isn't running on the right Firmware it is to inform others that are still on the old FW that there is a new one that Resolved the Server Error issues... While they might have been able to figure a way to Push only the Message to the Users on older FW I am going to guess that it was built into the System to be able to Push messages as a whole and it was easier to just do a System Wide Notice rather then having to make changes to Code for older FW Push...
SmartSelect_20200904-121510_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20200904-121510_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (195.39 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Be Safe.
Airey001

Post by Airey001 »

I should have guess they would have sent out a general email to aide in confusion And this again tells me us AD110 users have not been heard. The fact alone that this device continues to have IR power problems since the release with no word from official support. the only way i could get this thing to work with out issue is to get a transformer that well exceeds the recommend 16v 30va. And i know the speech about well each transformers and your already wiring. I have tested this on the correct gauge wire on multiple different 16v 30va transformers were there was only one foot of wire. And even RMAed and got back a new one with the same tests results. They should be telling people to get at least a 16v 50va transformer for this device to work with the IR's.

Even when they did try to address it in an update they messed that up and it reset every time the power goes out or it reboots it self with it seems too do Tuesday nights. I am just frustrated in the lack of support and the growing number of people speaking up on the forums.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I just wanted relay some interesting information posted about the AD110 in another forum. This guy I was helping mentioned having an ongoing support ticket with Amcrest Support regarding both Motion Detection and flaky IR issues.

Support offered to him to try an API call to turn on or off motion detection via automation.
Whoa, that is a first... actually mentioning an API configuration command outside of SmartHome app! (Unfortunately, what they offered was a command right out of the old API guide that would work for cameras but likely not the AD110).

And regarding the IR, here is a quote he received from Amcrest...
I believe that our team is working on an update to fix this issue was I have noticed an increase in this IR problem occurring. As of now, I don’t have an ETA as to when it will be released however from what I was told the update is in the final testing stages.
That's good to know.

EDIT: regarding the "connection issue" firmware update notice. Isn't that the "server offline" issue that only a factory reset (or IP redirect) had to be done first to get it back online before a firmware update can be done? Useless notice, if so. Or is there some other connection issue?
rickfmn

Post by rickfmn »

http://{IP To CAMERA}/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off

this command will turn off the IR mode. Just run this every day and it will stay off.
DaveTiffTaylor

Post by DaveTiffTaylor »

rickfmn wrote: http://{IP To CAMERA}/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off

this command will turn off the IR mode. Just run this every day and it will stay off.
Is there a command to turn Motion Detection On & Off?

Regards Dave
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi @DaveTiffTaylor (aka @ DaveTiff I assume)

I had replied to your question in quite some detail in the Home Assistant forum 3 weeks ago. Not only what the CGI command was to turn MD on/off on the AD110, but the entire sequence of YAML code to automate it via switches and to show current status.

Had you also tried the CGI API command that Amcrest Support provided to toggle MD and it didn't work? I didn't expect it would, but it would be good to know one way or the other.

In your quote above - was that a reply from Amcrest Support? That is actually correct. Others are using that same command to set the mode to Manual and then to adjust the IR intensity to achieve stability.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Airey001 Sadly I am not sure why your system wouldn't work with a 16vac 30va transformer.. I have tested and Messured 2 cameras working on 1 Transformer that is 16.5 vac and sure it is 39.6va or 2.4 amps but I can tell you that at no time does the Voltage ever get lower then 17.3vac and the AMps never went above 1amp and that was with both cameras on Start Up and then with both with IR runnning... Now only thing that was different when I did the testing at that time was one camera was on NEW FW and the second camera was on the First FW...

I have done a lot of testing and long days of testing with 1 camera 2 cameras one with a Chime one without... Now I no longer have the ability to work with a Chime because when I did some testing with 24vac Transformer I found out that the Chime Kit that comes with the camera becomes damaged and will no longer let a Doorbell system Digital or Mechanical doorbell will work... My cabin doorbell is a stand alone so I used out of the box a 24vac transformer because I had an extra one to use and no doorbell seeing no one is there to hear it if it was rung lol.. I have tested 3 that I own sadly all 3 have been on a 24vac transformer and all 3 no longer will work at 16vac and work with doorbell.. It still does its job to protest the Transformer when it is connected... (Make NOTE Anyone reading this... CHIME KIT is needed when working with Amcrest Doorbell Camera, If you don't use the CHIME KIT you will fry your Transformer; may not happen today but it will happen) IF you have used your doorbell on a 24vac transformer you will need a replacement Chime Kit to use with a 16vac and a doorbell... I have tested my 3 and I have also tested this on 3 others that are friends that have them as stand alone and working with 24vac sadly all 6 are worthless when trying to use them with a 16vac and a doorbell... Like in my Video I had them both connected to my system on just the 1 Transformer the first one was bad already because did the 24vac and was using in stand alone second camera and new chime kit at the time I made video made it so that Digital chime would work... Did more testing before knowing that 24vac would fry the chime kit for inside doorbell use so sadly I ended up killing my last working Chime Kit so for now I am using all my doorbell Cameras as Stand alone without indoor doorbell...

Oh something I thought I better mention as well.. to anyone reading this.. 24vac also isn't good idea for the doorbell camera AT ALL.... ON my testing I found that with a doorbell camera on 24vac the Transformer would Drop to 2vac and would push 10amps though the system and that is why the Chime Kit dies because the Circuit inside can not handle 10amps at any voltage be it only 2 or 24 I removed this from my doorbell on testing with my meter after only 4 doorbell pushes and that was only to confirm what I was seeing for numbers as I was not recording to refer back to I had to make sure I was seeing things correctly.. Again I have passed this info to Amcrest and was told it was passed on to R&D... I would Recommend the use of only 16vac transformer only period...

Anyway anyone here that says that a 1.875amp transformer couldn't move 10 amps it would have been able to do more if it was longer then 3 seconds by FW setting so I am glad that I was running it at default or I could have had some type of melt down seeing I wasn't using right wiring for 10amps of current to flow... Remember lower volts higher amps.. and it was showing 2.4vac 10 amps and that was only 24va however the transformer that I was testing on was 30va so it could have been higher amps...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

there is a new ad110 firmware out dated 200828. motion detection zone page looks different than the usual grid view.