NVR Can't Find Wifi Cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
skywlker32

NVR Can't Find Wifi Cameras

Post by skywlker32 »

I have the NV2108-HS NVR.

I am able to add the one wired camera (wired into the router) to the NVR. The Wifi cams though will not show up in the device search.

The wifi cameras can be found through the android app, so the wifi should be set up correctly.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Can't Find Wifi Cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

Questions I have is are the Wifi cameras Amcrest? if not are they Onvif 2.4, cgi, or SDK?

Are you only trying to do the search without doing a manual search or have you tried to do a Manual add?
Be Safe.
skywlker32

Post by skywlker32 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:49 pm Hello and welcome to the Forum...

Questions I have is are the Wifi cameras Amcrest? if not are they Onvif 2.4, cgi, or SDK?

Are you only trying to do the search without doing a manual search or have you tried to do a Manual add?
They are all Amcrest cameras. I have tried doing an automatic search and manual add, but neither method shows anything.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

When you are trying to add your camera are you picking Port 37777 or what ever port you may have changed your camera to? Also might come up as Private
Screenshot (130).jpg
Screenshot (130).jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Be Safe.
skywlker32

Post by skywlker32 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: When you are trying to add your camera are you picking Port 37777 or what ever port you may have changed your camera to? Also might come up as Private
Screenshot (130).jpg
Sorry for the delay. The TCP Port is set to the correct port. Manufacturer is set to private. I'm not quite sure why this is happening.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange to me. So the cameras and NVR are all on the same Subnet and Ip Range?

Connected to same switch/router/hub etc?

People have lives there is nothing saying when you need to reply to your thread. No need to be sorry for any delays
Be Safe.
skywlker32

Post by skywlker32 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm Strange to me. So the cameras and NVR are all on the same Subnet and Ip Range?

Connected to same switch/router/hub etc?

People have lives there is nothing saying when you need to reply to your thread. No need to be sorry for any delays
Those were all set correctly. I just now figured I would try a long shot and reset my router before I tried calling Amcrest. All cameras now are recognized and funcitoning! Thanks for the attempted help. I don't know what was set incorrectly, but I'm ok with that.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Great to hear you got it working. Sadly I found that my Camera Router needs to be Reset weekly. I come to find out that others have this issue as well. Even though it is a Nighthawk Router everything has its limits lol... Just drives me nuts when I found out that 5g and Eth0 works great so when cameras go offline you think it icould be a Camera issue to find out that all on the 2.4 side offline. So now the Router is for Cameras only. It is way more then I need seeing my Cameras are not Giganet speeds and the router is however it seems to be the most stable.

Also something most people don't know unless your Router is a Smart Router they are setup to work at the slowest connected device. So if you have your system connected with other wifi things and put on a older wifi VERY slow unit on the router that is the speed it will dish out to all connected items. Until it is removed from the wifi...
Be Safe.
skywlker32

Post by skywlker32 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:19 pm Great to hear you got it working. Sadly I found that my Camera Router needs to be Reset weekly. I come to find out that others have this issue as well. Even though it is a Nighthawk Router everything has its limits lol... Just drives me nuts when I found out that 5g and Eth0 works great so when cameras go offline you think it icould be a Camera issue to find out that all on the 2.4 side offline. So now the Router is for Cameras only. It is way more then I need seeing my Cameras are not Giganet speeds and the router is however it seems to be the most stable.

Also something most people don't know unless your Router is a Smart Router they are setup to work at the slowest connected device. So if you have your system connected with other wifi things and put on a older wifi VERY slow unit on the router that is the speed it will dish out to all connected items. Until it is removed from the wifi...
I couldn't even just power cycle the router. Full factory reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh wow... Must have been something you changed before that made it not like what you were trying to connect. That is kind of tough because now you need to put in all the Setup info again. I did that once learned to not do a Backup LOL because once I restored the backup things was just like it was before and not working right so yeah. Then mine have 8 different SSID's passwords loads of differnt things to redo lol'
Be Safe.