Hint on how to setup the Tour

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ajcampbell

Hint on how to setup the Tour

Post by ajcampbell »

I don't know about anyone else but figuring out how to set up the "Tour" on a monitor out of the DVR was driving me crazy. The manual didn't cover it in depth and it seemed no matter what settings I "tweaked" it never "toured" the way I wanted.

I finally figured out how to set it and since there isn't too much documentation on here I decided to post this to help others.

The problem was I assumed that choosing a setting for "Split" or "Motion Tour Type" would affect which group would show. Not quite.

I found that the default settings would have "default" settings set for each type under split (View 1, View 4, View 8, View 9).
You need to DELETE the default settings under all the views EXCEPT the one type you want to run.

So, if you want the tour to be a split of 4 camera views showing say 1-4 on one screen then 5-8 on the next screen then repeat you delete all the views under the option for View 1, View 8, and View 9, leaving the options alone under View 4.

Similar for if you would want each camera to run under View 1 settings. Leave View 1 settings alone and DELETE all the other options under View 4, View 8, and View 9.

Once I deleted the default listings under the views that I didn't want to show the tour ran as I wanted it. Oh, and if you want to use View 8 or View 9 take note of how the cameras are listed in the default settings before you delete. You need to add the cameras on say 8 separate lines. The order on each line is BIG View, Small views of the rest of the cameras listed.
Next line would be a different camera for BIG, and the rest listed.
IE. if your listing is "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" then camera 1 is BIG View, and 2-8 are the smaller views around it.
the next line would be:
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1. Thus camera 2 is BIG View, and 3-8 and 1 are the smaller views around it.

A correct setting for this then to show each camera in BIG View once and the rest in small touring through all cameras once would be entered as the following lines on your settings under View 8.

You could adjust the placement of the cameras I bet into specific small windows by adjusting the order of each line but in general if you want the tour to run each camera through the BIG View once each tour the above would work.

Hope the above makes sense. Good luck to everyone on your systems. I like the system and the cameras but am finding getting the system to do what I want a bit tough even with the manual. It would be nice if Amcrest would have more YouTube videos on setting up the software but I am sure we will figure things out as we go.
whmoorejr

Re: Hint on how to setup the Tour

Post by whmoorejr »

thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
Zach

Post by Zach »

Hello,

We greatly appreciate your explanation. We would actually like to incorporate this into our knowledge base and giving you credit for spending the time and effort on this. We are working to add more and more content to better help our customers and this is one that we just haven't got around to. Please message me directly and let me know if it is alright to use your marvelous work.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

dwradcliffe

Post by dwradcliffe »

Thank you!!
Rik

Post by Rik »

Thank you ajcampbell !!!!!!!
Art

Post by Art »

Awesome, a tour expert! So I started a tour on my primary monitor - my only monitor. How do I make it stop? No mouse pointer, none of the front panel buttons work, nothing in the manual AND to my dismay, a power off and on and the magic box starts up on the tour..... HELP
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

Thank you ajcampbell.

I'd also like to add:

There's no need to delete anything in the views, you can deselect them. All the system does is: it cycles through the views (view1, view4, view8, view9). If there are cameras listed and selected in the views, the system will display them in order. The system will display everything in view1, then everything in view4, then everything in view8, then everything in view9. Obviously, if there's nothing listed or selected in a view, it will not display anything for that view.

That was a great start AJ. You sent me on my way. Thanks a million buddy.
Amaze0429

Post by Amaze0429 »

Art wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 pm Awesome, a tour expert! So I started a tour on my primary monitor - my only monitor. How do I make it stop? No mouse pointer, none of the front panel buttons work, nothing in the manual AND to my dismay, a power off and on and the magic box starts up on the tour..... HELP
DID U EVER FIGURE THIS OUT !!!!!! IM IN THE SAME BOAT AND IM GOING NUTS !!!! HELPPPPPP
Evan

Post by Evan »

How do I launch a Tour on the mobile app? The PC app would not be active since I would be away from the property.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@Evan Hello and welcome to the forum.

Does your question in fact relate to an NVR or DVR or are you talking about an IP camera standing alone?

The only way that I have ever been able to setup and run a tour is when using Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my PC and that worked reasonably well once I got it going. I've tried and failed using the WebGUI for a camera.

Even using ASP it's a very clunky process but that may not be of interest to you if you're not using that method of monitoring your camera.

p.s. Your duplicate post has been deleted in order to avoid confusion :)

p.p.s. The original post in this 2015 thread gives some good pointers although the GUI may be different for Amcrest NVR's (mine is not Amcrest so I'm not sure) it does sound similar enough to be helpful.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03