Can't access NV4116e-hs via 8800L Jetpack

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
farmcabin

Can't access NV4116e-hs via 8800L Jetpack

Post by farmcabin »

Hello,

I have a remote cabin with an Amcrest NV4116e-hs setup. It has 8 cameras wired to POE. I need to be able to access this NVR via my 8800L Verizon Jetpack Hotspot. So far no luck. I had to put a Netgear WiFi Extender between the Hotspot and the NVR because the NVR only has ethernet connections. Here is my setup.

Amcrest NVR <--> Netgear AC1200/EX6200 Extender <--> 8800L Jetpack <--> Cellular

When I connect up the Amcrest NVR to this setup, it gets a LAN address (192.168.1.20) and what I assume is a WAN address 172.x.x.x. I can ping OUT of the NVR to yahoo.com or any IP. But I cannot ping the NVR IP or DNS Name from the internet.

I have changed my HTTP and HTTPS ports to 12345.

I'm stuck. Can anyone tell me what to do on the Jetpack to allow connections to the NVR from the internet?
farmcabin

Re: Can't access NV4116e-hs via 8800L Jetpack

Post by farmcabin »

Additionally, i tried adding a custom port-forwarding rule to the Jetpack:

192.168.1.20 port 12345 udp/tcp

I am now starting to read a little about having 2 routers being a little different. The Jetpack has an option for a DMZ. Does the NetGear device need to be added as DMZ ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a few things you need to do. One make sure that your setup and have Port 80 open, Port 37777 both TCP ports. UDP port 37778 open on the Jetpack. You can do this under your advanced settings. Keep in mind as it does say this can be bad for security of your network and Jetpack but options are there...

Then go to a web address I think it is called canyouseeme dot org

There it will tell you what your IP address is and port in will start with 80 CLick the Check. If it comes back Success then good if not it will say Error. If Success then in Port type in 37777 and check and so on....

Then you should be able to Remote Log in.. To do so you would type in the address that came up for testing. Like my Verizon Wifi address is 174.229.XX.XXX

There are other and some better options. DDNS, Tunnel, Buy an IP address to have forwarded to your NVR... Make sure you have updated your systems firmware, User name and Password and if your system was sent with a User already installed Remove all rights to access the NVR.

Then because of your Multi Routers. you will need to have your Netgear router setup with your NVR as the DMZ. What this does, Is setup all info coming in from the Internet to go to that INTERNAL IP address. While you can be there with a laptop and access the internet and everything that you send out will come back to you. It is only traffic that is incoming from the internet over your ip of say 172.229.XX.XXX it will go to your INTER Ip of say 192.168.X.XXX.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am a scatter brain. So let me try and make my Post More understandable....

1 On your jetpack under advanced options there is where you can open ports or Port Forward. With this you will need to have already setup your NETGEAR to DMZ your NVR. Then you will have IP address of your NVR to give your Jetpack for your forwarded ports.

Ports 80 and 37777 Both TCP
Port 37778 UDP would be forwarded to IP 192.168.X.XXX (NVR Ip Address)

Then on your laptop or desktop goto canyouseeme dot org that isn't a com but a org....

It will give you your IP address for your connection 172.227.XX.XXX (Verizon wireless IP)
Check under ip in port box first one 80 if Success all good if not Error. Then check 37777

Then in address bar type in your IP address to log into your NVR web interface. I am SURE you will need to use IE. Not Chrome or Edge but IE.... If you don't use ie. If your on WIN 10 Click the Start button and then scroll down to Windows Accessories. Then click on IE. In the adderss bar type in your IP address and it should take you to the Web interface of your NVR....

Be Safe Happy Security
James
Be Safe.