Will This Work?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab5555

Will This Work?

Post by timlab5555 »

I have an amcrest 4116-A2 NVR and I'm looking to add a camera to it. Could I use SV3c cameras?
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Will This Work?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a lot there in such a small question..

in Short if your camera offers ONVIF or RSTP then it can. However there are so many other companies that chip the cameras in a way that it will only work with their own recorders.. So if it don't say ONVIF then it is likely not going to work with the Amcrest NVR. Plus if it is only RSTP while it can work there is many reasons that it might not work very well. To be Honest, I have some cameras from Amcrest that don't work on my Amcrest Recorders and waiting for an update so they will so even same company can have issues from time to time..
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I have a camera in mind, could you check it out for me and see if it's good to go? The camera is at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BDF ... _qh_dp_hza
I sure hope you give me a thumbs up, because I could see any cameras on Amcrest site that would fit my budget.
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it says it is RSTP and at the last part of the title in the Amazon listing it says it is ONVIF Conformant.. To be honest I am not sure quality of the camera. Don't get me wrong I bought 20x zoom cameras even cheaper and with all the headache I would have been better off buying the better built Amcrest 5x zoom at around 229 I think. I am sure it wouldn't have all the issues the one I bought has lol. Image quality is great. White LEDs if I used them for Color night is Very Bright and is why i don't use them full time but will change over to color and white leds on motion and like the one you have there also will Track someone. But all the issue it has with software right now I wish Amcrest camera would have been in stock when I bought them. Because I would have the lower Zoom but better built amcrest for in your case about 60 more then what your looking at. If no Update fixes mine in the future that is fine for me I will use them for Parts lol.

Don't know if you seen this camera or not. it isn't in stock right now but quality is higher then the one I bought for sure.

https://amcrest.com/4mp-poe-camera-ptz- ... ew-ai.html
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I would do it because of the headaches you mentioned, but the camera you pointed out isn't wifi
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah to be honest the Wifi cameras for Security are not a really good idea. However if you need Wifi then there are many other options as you have found. I will send you a PM so check your inbox.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: Will This Work?rtainly a plus

Post by Pogo »

Maybe your question answered on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx ... B0BDFF5VMC

The camera will work with your NVR. As mentioned, the wi-fi environment may be your bigger issue if it is not a strong AND clean environment. The 5Ghz option is certainly a plus.

The other main issue will be whether the Amcrest NVR itself is ONVIF conformant enough to effectively interface with the camera's functionality. There are quite a few aspects to ONVIF standards. Amcrest claims ONVIF all over the place in their advertising and tech literature but fall short when it comes to being fully compatible with the actual ONVIF standards that are often applied by other manufacturers..., at least in my experience.

That said, your configuration and control should be accessible directly from the camera's webUI while the NVR still does the heavy lifting for the surveillance and recording/storage/playback aspects..., and maybe quite a bit more.

There's one way to find out.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I guess when I get the camera and see if the NVR and camera can talk to each other. I'll post when I find out.
Thanks
Dan
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The camera will work with your NVR. How well the PTZ control functions from the NVR work will be a matter of just kicking the tires to find out. As mentioned, you can still do all that from the camera's own firmware via its web interface if necessary. The NVR should still provide the fundamental viewing, scheduling, recording and playback features without issue.

Looks like a pretty nice camera for the price. I'd certainly take a shot at it if my budget would allow.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Yea, the boss said it has to be the white one, o well what can I say. I plan on ordering this this Friday and should get it by the 3rd of October. Will post my review about it maybe on the 4th of October. If it works good, then I will order 3 more for that price.