RTSP has wrong codec info (AD110)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ExTechjunkie

RTSP has wrong codec info (AD110)

Post by ExTechjunkie »

NVR and PC VMS software see the streams provided by the AD110 correctly (15 fps video and AAC audio).

RTSP codec info (as observed via VLC) shows 29.97fps and PCM audio. The framerate is trivial to my concern, but without the correct audio codec in the header, I get no sound from Monocle.

I've checked the HTTP API getConfig output, and the channel & stream config settings reflect what the NVR and PC VMS see, not what is reflected in the RTSP streams.

Any suggestions for how to overcome this? If there's an RTSP relay daemon that can change the stream global header info to specify the AAC codec, that would be ideal.
Live record of Doorbell (Smart PSS private connection).png
Live record of Doorbell (Smart PSS private connection).png (32 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
RTSP stream direct from cam.png
RTSP stream direct from cam.png (33.71 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
ExTechjunkie

Re: RTSP has wrong codec info (AD110)

Post by ExTechjunkie »

on a lark, I used the http api to set the following values, then rebooted, and now VLC shows the RTSP audio stream as AAC.

Encode[0].MainFormat[1].Audio.Compression=AAC
Encode[0].MainFormat[1].Audio.Frequency=16000

More importantly, I can now hear the audio from my Echo Show, using Monocle. :)

What's strange (to me) is that he video resolution values under MainFormat[1] are completely wrong:
table.All.Encode[0].MainFormat[1].Video.resolution=800x480
table.All.Encode[0].MainFormat[1].Video.Height=480
table.All.Encode[0].MainFormat[1].Video.Width=800

The FPS for MainFormat[1] DOES say 30, which might be telling (VLC still shows the frame RTSP frame rate as 29.97fps, not 15).

All this is so I can use Monocle to view the doorbell cam from Alexa video devices, which is nice, because the show-me skill & Amcrest SmartHome only work for a few hours after each restart of the doorbell. I think that's a SH back-end thing. It reminds me of when cell service networks are overloaded and the only way you can get a call out is by restarting your phone.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

so... it turns out that using the talk feature from anything OTHER than Alexa breaks Alexa's ability to connect to the cam until the next restart. I would use SH only to talk, but the talk feature from the iOS SH app always fails for me, which is why I resort to talking from AVP or DMSS.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

As of today, the RTSP main stream audio codec info has reverted from AAC back to PCM. The config values for audio for mainstream [0] and [1] are still set to AAC. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for why the RTSP stream info is wrong or where it's getting those values from. I've set mainstream [2] to AAC as well and restarted it. For the moment, the codec type shown in the RTSP stream is AAC and I can once again hear audio on the Echo Show via the Monocle connection. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it stops working again. What good is a security camera that requires daily or more frequent reboots to keep all of its settings from changing on their own?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is something to try? It will take a little getting used to and might have to Reset the doorbell 2 times for a End result you want. Here is why.. Using this first or second won't matter much to be honest.. Personally I would use it now save the Results... http://10.0.0.4/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All

Add your IP address into where I have mine listed..

Once you get that data, Remove your Doorbell from your Alexa App, then turn off Alexa (Unplug it), Do a Factory Reset on the Doorbell camera and once you have it setup without it connected to any Device outside the Wifi that you have to connect it to. Run that http from above again and make sure to put in the right IP address. Now don't worry about Text length as there are things that are removed after a Reset that will make the Fresh text shorter then the older.. However you should look in the 2 files that was made and see what that data is after a Reset I am going to guess that the numbers you are seeing and the changes are caused by Alexa it self..

For you to get good data, once you have the second file, Turn Alexa back on and again do another Reset of your Doorbell.. This time Alexa will prompt and say that it found a device, setup Alexa to work with your Doorbell camera going to the app, and moving the toggle for Doorbell PRess alerts.. Once that is done I would again run that HTTP get the data, press the button even and do the HTTP again and see the FILE that is broke its use... I know this is a lot of Reset and work however sadly without the Data it will be hard to know what or why..

Are you using Echo Show? Or what are you using to Display the camera by command with Alexa?
Be Safe.