Recordings: Where\How do they Go?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dljone1

Recordings: Where\How do they Go?

Post by dljone1 »

I have a 1080p surveillance camera. I also inserted and formatted a 64gb disk into this camera.

Apparently, by the way Device Config is set up under HDD/Local store, these recordings are being saved onto the camera disk.

However, in the "General" section there is listed 3 different storage locations "Paths" on my laptop for Snapshots, Record, and Config on the laptop where the Sureveillance Pro software is stored. I've noticed that these files are saved in the .dav format. Microsoft tells me that this is a common format for CCTVs.

So, are recordings stored in 2 places (Camera and laptop)? Are the .dav files referenced when I re-play the archived videos (e.g. When I replay overnite, motion-detected vids using Surveillance Pro)?

Also, since the Camera stores videos and the app on my phone connects to the camera (I can view live), can I replay these videos using my app?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Recordings: Where\How do they Go?

Post by Melvin »

Hello dljone1,

The motion detection videos would be stored on the SD card unless you set up the PC NVR feature on the software and allocate space in your computer HDD. As for the three locations in General settings, its just for manually saving images or videos through the software. That is, on the live view section, you can click on the snapshot or record icons and this is where the videos would be saved.

For the play back in the app, I have already replied on the other thread please take a look.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us