Out of range

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
take2daily

Out of range

Post by take2daily »

Hi I am a field tech and was asked to take a look at a AMDV 960 H4 system. It was up and running and the client asked me how to look at the cameras remotely so I pulled out my laptop and installed the client to show him.. The current internet connection speed is very limited but when we went over to his house I setup the client and using UID # his client connected perfectly.. A short few hours later he called me complaining that he could not see the cameras so I logged on and sure enough they were not showing but the spaces for 3456 were showing but of course no pictures because no cameras.. I ran over to the DVR location and the words "Out Of Range" was dancing around the screen..I rebooted the system and even reinitialized the HD but nothing changed..Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Out of range

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
So from what I understand the DVR works but it shows no videos for any channels. Please check the below setting for the DVR.
Go to settngs > System > General and Change the Video standard to NTSC from PAL. Please see if that helps.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

take2daily

Post by take2daily »

that setting fixed the issue.. One strange added part of this was that a support tech asked me to do a factory reset but that did not do what he said it would do at all..no hard reset no beep no reconfiguration of the profile..strange There still may be something wrong with the DVR
take2daily

Post by take2daily »

Also strange is that the owner had the DVR set to PAL and it was working. Shortly after I set up a remote session for him it stopped working.. does that make any sense? thanks btw for your help..
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Good to know it worked for you. Not sure why it worked for him on PAl as it has to be on NTSC.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us