No QCAM feed after storm

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
firefox117

No QCAM feed after storm

Post by firefox117 »

Have had no issues with my camera system until last night. We had a thunderstorm roll in about 3am, and at some point, we lost power. I didn't have time to check my system before going to work, but when I came home, nothing was working.

I had to reset my NVR first to even get a signal to my PC. After that, it showed all 4 of my cameras as Video Loss. Strange this is, when I logged in, Camera 3 showed a live feed, then cut out. They also recorded me pulling into my driveway, but nothing else. There is some sporadic recordings throughout the day, but mostly it's dead.

I've tried resetting my NVR, I've unplugged and plugged in all my Ethernet cables from the system and the cameras, and I've tried holding down the rest button on the camera pigtail (see attached picture), but nothing has worked. I have the Amcrest QCAM 8 Channel system (AMNV3M8-4B). The NVR gets now signal from my router either, and is completely offline.

Looking at the back panel, the LED's for the cameras line in ethernet cable are all green, so I am assuming they should be sending a signal. The cameras are all powered on as well (if I place my hand in front of them, they switch to night mode).

Not sure what's wrong. Any ideas?
Attachments
reset
reset
IMAG2139 (1024x760).jpg (255.99 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: No QCAM feed after storm

Post by Melvin »

Hello firefox117,

So it looks like cameras are working as they are powering on and sending signal. It could be that the NVR itself got some defect. I suggest you get the NVR replaced. You can contact our RMA team for this.

https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us