How to make camera motion keep recording if motion continues?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cyr0nk0r

How to make camera motion keep recording if motion continues?

Post by cyr0nk0r »

I have (4) IP8M-2597EB-28MM on latest firmware 3-30-2020.
They are set up to record on motion. And everything is working fine. Except when there is motion they only record about a minute of footage and then just make lots of 1 minute video files. If motion lasts for 5 minutes how do I get the camera to keep recording as long as the motion happens.

In VMS software there is usually some kind of 'reset' timer or something that says if the camera detects motion to reset the pre and post record timers as long as motion continues to occur.

How do I do this within the camera itself? I don't want to make the camera just record for longer. If there is motion for only 20 seconds I don't want a 5 minute video, I want a 20-30 second video.
But if there is motion for 3 minutes I want a 3 minute video .. not 3 separate 1 minute videos.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to make camera motion keep recording if motion continues?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One you will want to make sure that your Motion Grid is in the area you want if it is not a large enough grid and motion goes out side it then it can end...

Then there is a Anti-Dither that is most times if I remember right set to 5. This is kind of the same as Record Delay so I would leave the Anti as it is and change the Record Delay.. That isn't about how long to wait before recording it is setup to wait that long after Motion Event has ended... I think it can be set from 10 to 300 I didn't look but I think that is the numbers where 10 is the least amount that it can be set to... I would Try adjusting the record delay and see if that helps get the better record times... Remember issue could be that your Motion is not set to pick up motion well enough and maybe if something stops it no longer sees it as an event even the the person moves their hand or makes little movements it might not be picked up.. So on the Motion grid area might need to tweak them numbers in there to get a better time as well...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Try increasing the time in Setup/Storage/Record Control/Pack Duration.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 pm Try increasing the time in Setup/Storage/Record Control/Pack Duration.
I think they said they didn't want to just Record for useless time and most times it is setup out of the box with 8min record pack times... So that isn't going to help anyway... Record Delay is how long it will record after the Motion has ended! so that is I am thinking where they are looking to add some time
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

It appears the camera pack duration is set to 1 min. That would cause the 1 min. records as described above. if you want a 5 min. continuous motion event record, pack duration needs to be 5 or more minutes. I have seen it work that way. a 5min. pack duration is the maximum record size, not the size of each record produced.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 Thanks for the help.. I see making sure the packet size would matter even with making adjustments without it set higher then your delay it would still only record 1 min. I just going by what I have done for mine.. While I set most of my Cameras that I put a MSD card for max 10 min pack size I have an 841E on my Stairs with a 32gb card and packet 10min and had the anti-dither set to normal and the Record delay. I was getting 30 second or less recording time because of how I setup my Grid. Packet size didn't matter. SO I wanted to record 2 min each time motion was detected there again my max is set for 10 came out of the box if I remember right at 8... Most people don't bother with that setting in General...

So I turned off the Anti-Dither (0) and turned up the Record Delay to 120 now with the Grid the way I want it and the delay 120 my recording has all action on the stairs from the start to end of someone going up or down do to delay in recording and the Pre record settings.. The main issue for my setup was someone going down the stairs if they paused to talk at the bottom it was out of the Grid so that would not get captured plus I have even though it is ok by code I have a stair that is thin on the inside and if someone was to fall it wouldn't be captured without making my adjustments..
Screenshot (1635).jpg
Screenshot (1635).jpg (81.27 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Be Safe.