Firmware update crashed - IP2M-841B

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mezzieaustin

Firmware update crashed - IP2M-841B

Post by mezzieaustin »

Hi,

I just got my IP camera and installed the iphone app. I was able to initially connect my ip camera and it asked me to upgrade the firmware but it crashed as soon as I hit upgrade. Now, I am unable to connect to it and it keeps booting up (camera rotating) and I am unable to use IP tool to connect or the iphone app anymore. Is there a way to do a factory reset or to upgrade the firmware again? Or better yet, how can I just make it work again?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Firmware update crashed - IP2M-841B

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Please try doing a hard reset on the camera by pressing down the indicator light on the back of the camera for 10-15 seconds until the light turns red. You will need to set up the camera from scratch after this. If you are still having issues please contact our support team.
https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

asiaticbm

Post by asiaticbm »

Would be nice to know how to upgrade the firmware on the 1080p wifi indoor cams! I didn't have much problems setting up the cams, but i do get the msg to upgrade the firmware on one. :(
DeborahLee

Post by DeborahLee »

Firmware can be updated using the IP CONFIG software (that you should have installed on your PC). On Amcrest.com, find the product page then scroll down to the Documentation section. Download the User Manual (PDF) -- For the IP Camera, find section "5.4.5.6 Upgrade" for the steps on upgrading the firmware. The latest firmware file is posted under the "Support" menu dropdown on Amcrest.com.