Amcrest View Pro stops working after latest firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wpkaz

Amcrest View Pro stops working after latest firmware update

Post by wpkaz »

I updated my cameras yesterday to the latest firmware update 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29. This was listed as firmware 11 when I accessed the cameras via Firefox. A box appeared suggesting I update. Everything went fine with the update as I updated remotely. The cameras work fine via computer, but when I try to access the cameras via Amcrest View Pro I get a "Failed to Connect". If I go to "playback" I can see the timeline of the recordings, but cannot view the cameras "live" or "playback". Has anyone else had this problem? Support suggest I "hard reset" my cameras to factory state. However, I am not home for several weeks to do so. I can view the cameras live and playback on my computer and I can view them via another app "IP Cam Viewer Pro" but since the firmware update cannot view them through Amcrest View Pro. If the cameras work through my computer and via another app wouldn't one think the problem is the Amcrest View Pro app? By the way, the app worked just fine prior to the firmware update. Is there a way to remotely update the firmware with a previous version?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro stops working after latest firmware update

Post by Melvin »

Hello wpkaz,

If you are able to access the web interface of the camera from a PC, please go to set up > camera > video and ensure that the 'Substream' is enabled.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

emanresu1

Post by emanresu1 »

Same exact thing happened to both of my cameras after updating to the latest firmware. The android app can no longer connect and view video streams.

https://amcrest.com/forum/technical-dis ... 3b453731c9

Amcrest you have to fix this, and yes substream is enabled. Other 3rd party cam viewer apps can load my cameras and show me a video stream but not the Amcrest android app...
BrianTX

Post by BrianTX »

I'm having the same issue with the iOS version, no live video. Everything worked fine until the last update. I've tried to deal with the telephone tech support but that's a joke. Those people couldn't trouble shoot a problem if their life depended on it. They finally told me there was nothing they could do.

On my phone I can see the playback fine but no live stream. The app on my Ipad works flawlessly in playback and live video. My settings on the Ipad are identical to my IPhone. The pad works, the iPhone doesn't. It's got to be the phone app. Like others, I'm able to access the cameras with a 3rd party app.

I've checked all I can check, will follow this to see if anyone gets lucky. Hey Amcrest, anyway you could put the old app back online????
wolf1579

Post by wolf1579 »

Same here. I have 2 of these cams, one works after hard reset. The other will only connect wired. With cable unplugged it just blinks green.
Ipconfig tool only finds cam when wired.

Really upset.
rymiller

Post by rymiller »

My app is not working also. I record general and MD to NAS. Live works good but playback does not. I can see the timeline on both General and MD but get the "Failed to Connect" error.

I had this working a couple of weeks ago. It worked like a champ.

Also, I don't use the SD card option - only NAS.

How do we get Amcrest's attention? I'm about to return the cameras and go a different route.
cdipierr

Post by cdipierr »

I've got the same issues going on.

With the latest "v11" firmware, the Amcrest plugin for Chrome no longer works when viewed through external sources (port mapped through the router). I have 3 cameras, 2 of them have been updated, and both of those fail, while the 3rd still on the older version works. In my case, the Android app does still work as does the Chrome plugin on the internal network. Externally though, it's always "Resources are limited..."

My fix for now has been to flash the cameras back tot he older version (I can post a link if anyone needs it). This works, but annoyingly asks me if I want to upgrade every time I login.
nukezero

Post by nukezero »

I got the same problem here guys with iOS View Pro!!!

IP2M-841 both were updated to: (2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29)

Now, Amcrest View Pro stopped working! However, if I use internal LAN IP, it is okay. I am using Amcrest DDNS and it doesn't work.

But I have a 3rd camera, a IP3M-943B and that is fine with using amrestDDNS. So not sure what has changed. It sounds like the latest firmware update broken the external IP access of cameras (IP mode) through the View Pro. The only way to use the View Pro iOS app now is to enter the camera's internal IP and the phone is connected to the same network.

Terrible! What is going on Amcrest! Fix this, or can you guys send us a firmware package of the previous firmware? I'll gladly go back.
nukezero

Post by nukezero »

Guys, I confirm that the problem appears to happen on port forwarding. My cameras are using port forwarding and since the upgrade to 2.520, it broke it. However, using P2P still works.

I decided to downgrade the firmware back to _V2.420.AC00.18.R.20170521. However, the problem still exists. Something still seems odd. The P2P works but the port forwarding got broken. As far as I can tell, none of the settings are changed and the static IP is still the same.

Amcrest FW update broke something and this really sucks.
nukezero

Post by nukezero »

I have reverted the firmware way back to IP2M-841_IPM-721_V2.420.AC00.15.R.20160908. Without touching the View Pro settings and without changing any of the camera settings in the browser, I pushed "refresh" on the iOS app and wallah, the camera came back to life.

So clearly, this is a big firmware bug going on at Amcrest.