No Video Recording to Cloud

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
therowdydog

No Video Recording to Cloud

Post by therowdydog »

I can see the live view from amcrestcloud.com just fine. However I do not see any video that's been recorded for playback. I am currently using the free 4-hour version. I have attached an image of what I see when I go to the playback screen.

Any suggestions?
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
therowdydog

Re: No Video Recording to Cloud

Post by therowdydog »

bump
noirish

Post by noirish »

same issue...

very unreliable when you need it!
therowdydog

Post by therowdydog »

I'd like to use the Amcrest cloud just because it seems easier, but why would I pay money for longer storage when I can't even get four hours to record for free? Might as well go with another company.
Mur

Post by Mur »

I'm having the same issue, and this is day two. When I bring up the cloud recordings page, there are no recordings at all. I went back to Monday and recordings I had previously viewed are no longer showing up. Any idea when this problem will be fixed?//M
brendaj

Post by brendaj »

Same here. Videos show up for a few minutes and then they disappear from the timeline. Going on day two of this.

C'mon guys, if you're working on this bug let us know.
therowdydog

Post by therowdydog »

I have never been able to see ANY recordings. Hello, Amcrest ... ?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello therowdydog,

So live works in cloud but no recordings? If the network upload bandwidth is low, it can cause issues like this. Please try deleting the camera from the cloud add add it again and see how it works. Please contact support if you are still facing issues.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

therowdydog wrote:I'd like to use the Amcrest cloud just because it seems easier, but why would I pay money for longer storage when I can't even get four hours to record for free? Might as well go with another company.
To be clear, it only records based on event settings (such as motion detected) right? It's not meant to record constantly and provide the most recent 4 hours on an ongoing basis. Just 4 hours of history for recorded events. So if you're notified of a motion event, you can go take a look at what is recorded within that 4 hour window.
therowdydog

Post by therowdydog »

Melvin wrote:So live works in cloud but no recordings? If the network upload bandwidth is low, it can cause issues like this. Please try deleting the camera from the cloud add add it again and see how it works. Please contact support if you are still facing issues.
I have deleted the camera and added it again. We'll see how that works. It sounds like if my internet is not great, it won't record to the cloud?
GreenScrew wrote:To be clear, it only records based on event settings (such as motion detected) right? It's not meant to record constantly and provide the most recent 4 hours on an ongoing basis. Just 4 hours of history for recorded events. So if you're notified of a motion event, you can go take a look at what is recorded within that 4 hour window.
I was not aware that it only records events. I was under the impression that it continuously records to the cloud and you are just able to see/save only the last four hours. But, with that said, I had the motion detection and notifications on ... though I have never received any notifications. I did not have a schedule set, but now that I have re-added the camera, I reset the motion detection and set a 24/7 schedule. I guess we'll see how that works.

Seems like recording to an SD card would be a lot easier, but useless if someone notices my camera and takes it with them!