New Amcrest Doorbell

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

New Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all.. SO I wanted to touch on a few things about the Door bell camera. At this time i don't know what the stats are for it This Should become Clear on Saturday that is when mine should be here...

However I wanted to mention that there are some things you might want to think about when buying a Doorbell Camera from anyone.. That is what your Current Supply is providing in power. The problem is most people don't know what a 16Vac or 24Vac Power Supply is offereing to the end Device...

If your Transformer is a 24Vac 10VA that is a Very Very low output. Less then 1/2 an amp or 0.416666amps give or take a little.. If your Current Transformer is that small I am going to guess that it is hardly enough to power your Current ringer (Bell)

So here is some details about Transformers...

24Vac 20VA is Equal to 0.8333333 amps
24Vac 30VA = 1.25
24Vac 40VA = 1.6666666
24Vac 50VA = 2.0833335

16Vac 20VA = 1.25
16Vac 30VA = 1.875
16Vac 40VA = 2.5
And so on...

So to be Honest here The lower Volt Transformer will provide the higher Amps on a lower VA transformer.. If your able to use a 16vac on your doorbell then I would do so. Also there is no Cheap way to stay safe either.. SO I would make sure to try and buy a Good Quality transformer as well. Be it a 16Vac or 24Vac... Also most important thing is be safe and if you don't know what your doing hire someone that does. While the Output is little the input to the Transformer is your Mains Voltage. Always turn the power off at the Breaker when messing with your Doorbell wiring.
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Re: New Amcrest Doorbell

Post by amcrest168 »

my first doorbell was installed with 16v 10va without issue but i decided to upgrade the transformer to a 16v 30va recognizing the ad110 is a wireless network equipment and not a simple push button to close the circuit to trigger the mechanical door chime. i would suggest upgrading the transformer with the ad110. my old maple chase chimex 08040 mechanical door chime sounds more angrier now after the transformer upgrade.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that is little low on the Amps if you will.. It would be about 0.625amps on a 16Vac 10VA transformer... I kind of wish it would have been built on a AC/DC format to be honest.. I have some cameras that will work with both AC/DC and understand that the Doorbell is rather small so they already have some impressive large caps i there so hard I guess to try and make things dual voltage...
Be Safe.
markwn

Post by markwn »

Do you have a doorbell that pulls so hard? I had enough 20V