Ad410, does not ring mechanical chime

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ad410, does not ring mechanical chime

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Could be in your phone settings, maybe you mute the notice. What type of phone?
Be Safe.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

Pixel 5.
When I go to app notifications, there are 4 items, all turned on.
- zencam
- RingPush
- push_default_alarm
- push_four_tone_doorbell_long_tone
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm, Don't know. That is a new enough phone that there shouldn't be any issues. I know a little while back I had an issue where I wasn't getting any alerts. I would if I had the app open but not if I had it sitting normal in wait mode. You know like let the screen go out and the phone just sitting there. It went on for a couple of days. I was about to go mad. Then for what ever reason I reboot the phone and notices started working. Out side of that maybe make a Ticket for now as Amcrest Support would/could know if there is a Product issue if others with the Pixel 5 have reported it?

https://amcrest.com/contact/#wrapper
Be Safe.
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

quick question. What is a recommended transformer voltage/amp ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

16vac 30va. However that number could go up if your distance is long between your camera and transformer.
Be Safe.
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

Ok, so i installed a 16v 30a transormer and a new chime. I tested the doorbell and it made a "ding" sound no "ding dong". Shortly after that it tripped the breaker and i had a hard time resetting it. Its on a 15 amp group so maybe it puls to much current? Do you have your doorbell on a seperate group? Which is weird as it worked with the old one fine.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That sounds like there is an issue in the wiring. I have not head any issues with any wiring and in no way should a 15amp breaker trip from a normal 16vac 30va Transformer.

For a Mechanical doorbell with a Ding Dong. What is odd is that normally the Ding is only thing caused by the Voltage of the transformer the Dong aka the second note is normally only caused by a Spring that returns the plunger off the first note bar. So that could almost be anything. However if you lets say choose Digital as the type and had it setup for a to long of a Power push that could make a long delay between the first sound and second.

Another thing comes to mind is if the Voltage that is dropping is not 0 or as close to 0 as it can be it might make the doorbell not release the plunger for the second tone aka the DONG. But as I said normally the doorbell on a Ding Dong the first note is caused by the voltage/current of the transformer the second note is when that voltage is released and the spring makes the plunger rod return hitting the second note bar..
Be Safe.
Ryukenden

Post by Ryukenden »

Thank you so much for taking all this time to help me out. It's much appreciated!
But in the light of all these issues i think im gonna pass on trying to fix this as, like you said, things dont seem to make much sense and rewiring a brand new home is out of the option. I might just get the wireless chime instead and leave it at that.
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

Ryukenden wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:58 pm Thank you for the great suggestions.
I just factory reset the doorbell and re added the chime, unfortunately the same result.

I used a multimeter on every cable to see if there was a issue anywhere. The transformer, the chime and the doorbell are all getting power.

I thought that maybe the chime kit might be not functioning properly? But by getting a faint noise it does get the signal.

It all worked before with the same setup, meaning wires, chime and transformer. Nothing got changed there.
Mind you the transformer and chine are not even 2 years old.

Maybe i can measure the current somehow?
@Ryukenden I seem to have a similar issue. My AD410 doorbell worked fine for a year, powered by a 16Vac 30va transformer, ringing two mechanical doorbells wired in parallel with the Amcrest chimekit installed. Then one day it just stopped ringing the bells. The transformer measures fine, but I replaced it anyway, and no change. Getting good Vac measurement at the transformer and at the doorbell contacts. If I bridge the contacts at the doorbell the chimes ring just fine. I've factory reset, then RMA'd and re-set up the doorbell. No change.
Did you ever find a solution to this?
Ari
shreich2

Post by shreich2 »

If you are trying to get two AD410s and two chimes to work be sure and go to the AMCREST APP FIRST!! I spent countless hours checking wiring and getting a new transformer only to find out that the app needs to be set up to link with a mechanical chime by:

In the Amcrest Smarthome App selecting each doorbell under "Device Information", select "Amcrest Chimes" and then select "Link digital/mechanical chimes".
My wiring and transformer were fine. Once this setting was corrected everything worked fine. Unfortunately the Amcrest personnel failed to mention this simple solution and I had to discover it on my own!!