AD110 & Blue Iris Green images

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
smcneece

AD110 & Blue Iris Green images

Post by smcneece »

Anyone else using this doorbell w/blue iris or other NVR and regularly get green images?

I don't really use the app much, and right now it's telling me my cam is offline, even though I'm watching it with Blue Iris.
Attachments
thumbnail_DoorBell.20200612_075412_126153600.jpg
thumbnail_DoorBell.20200612_075412_126153600.jpg (9.78 KiB) Viewed 988 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 & Blue Iris Green images

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah that's odd. I have mine connected to my NVR from Amcrest and dont have the ses of green. Wonder if with fw update if there was a change in settings that makes Blue Irir act this way? If you connect with app is it normal? I know you said having connection issues right now I just mean if you have connected with app is issue gone? Have you done a reset from reset button on side of camera?

Edit; just tried to log in smart home app server must be offline because my NVR still has camera running just fine
Be Safe.
smcneece

Post by smcneece »

Well I can't seem to connect from the app, it's telling me it's offline. Yet I'm watching a live feed of it in Blue Iris. Rebooting it did not help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly it seems that the Smart Home Server for Amcrest is offline... Smart Home app is a Server based programs that the Smart Home devices connect to via P2P or some other behind the scenes protocol for a seemless connection to your device when away from home.. Sadly this means when the Server is down your App won't work but if connected to NVR or DVR the device works fine because it bypasses the server for the LOCAL Connection...
Be Safe.
smcneece

Post by smcneece »

Does their servers go down often? Seems a bit excessive now at 24 hours or so. I almost did a factory reset of it, but first reset the modem, router, and figured I would wait until today to check again, and check here. So thanks for replying and letting me know it's them.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @smcneece, you might want to perform a hard reset. many have been able to bring back the doorbell on the smart home app following a hard reset. there is no need to delete the device. simply go into the doorbell wifi configuration and to initiate the doorbell's hotspot. reconfigure after it's connected to your network.