login return time is up

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
imayeoman

login return time is up

Post by imayeoman »

Hi
I recently received my amcrest nv4116-hd

I have 2 floureon IP cameras and 6 generic, no-name IP cameras. All 8 cameras support onvif.

I had all 8 cameras running on my previous NVR. It was also generic, no-name but was supported by ZOSI customer service. i had zero problems. I got the nv4116 to expand.

all my cameras are connected to my router. my NV4116-hd is conntected to the same router, on the same tier.

static IPs have been assigned to each camera and the NVR4116-hd
each camera is set up as onvif each with an individual assigned port number (assigned on the cameras interface and set up in port forwarding on my netgear router)

THE PROBLEM
every camera connects to the NVR. however, only the 2 floureon cameras STAY connected. each of the generic cameras disconnect after 5 minutes. the screen goes black with an error of " :evil: login return time is up".

if i go into each cameras web interface and adjust the settings it will reconnect...... but only for 5 minutes. then it disconnects with the same error. these cameras do not have a master reset button, switch, or even a tiny magic master reset hole. resetting them on their interface only turns the camera off and then on. rebooting has the same effect which would be comical if I wasn't close to going mad.

i've lost my sense of humor about this. please help.
JStateson

Re: login return time is up

Post by JStateson »

Not familiar with your system but have seen that problem. I did google your NV4116 and read up on it. I will have to say that your problem is similar to what I went through when I put together a small camera system using an ECS LIVA-X "intel small box" with blue iris, Amcrest and a few cameras. When I got above 4 cameras it ran terrible slow dropping connections and would attempt to log back in to the camera when the connection was reestablished. I replaced that LIVA-X with a high performance uATX with Xeon processor & nVidia graphics. This worked nicely and ended up using hardwire ethernet to most of the cameras as the uAtx supported high resolution at 1gbit speed.
imayeoman

Post by imayeoman »

I was hoping for a simpler solution or something akin to “take a bat to your nighthawk”. Lol.

As of today all the Floureon & Amcrest cameras are stable. Looking great. The others......same dang issue. “the login return time is up”. I must be missing something.

I’ve factory reset my router to start fresh and because I’m a sadists. I’m just stuck. I was excited to get this NVR. bummed I’m going to have to return it.

Any (affordable) suggestions on a replacement NVR or pc software ??

Thank you for taking the time to help.
Cheers.
imayeoman

Post by imayeoman »

Just checked the screen and 1 of the Floureon ipcam snow has the same error. Shit.
gloriawilliams

Post by gloriawilliams »

hi,
I am describing some points, you need to check, may be it will help you lot!

1. The security camera is too far away from your netgear router.
2. Too many hurdles between your camera & WiFi router
3. Wifi signal disruption
4. WiFi signal interruption & intervention
5. Poor bandwidth via PoE switch or NVR

Kindly reset or reboot your Netgear Router and consider these points.
Netgear Router setup
routerlogin.net