IP Camera Web Access

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

IP Camera Web Access

Post by zplugger »

Sometime when I try to log onto my camera it goes to COM.LOGIN and other times its goes to LOGIN. I just want the login screen and not the com login. It changes between the two with no reason to me.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera Web Access

Post by longedge »

Can you confirm that I understand correctly. You're accessing your IP camera with a web browser while connected to your LAN and entering just the camera IP address into the address bar. Sometimes you see the normal login page like this -
login_page.jpg
login_page.jpg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 803 times
but other times you see something else. I don't understand what "com.login" is although having said that, someone will now come along and explain what I'm missing :lol:
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Hello longedge
Just like your picture but has com.login on that blue button. Must be something with the camera because when it just pops up like your picture I can view the camera in internet explorer.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Hmm.. well I'm afraid that's something I've never experienced and I can't think why the label of a button in the webui should change randomly.

Is my understanding correct, this is happening within your internal network when you open IE and type in the IP address of your camera in the address bar something like HTTP://192.168.1.20 for example?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Close
My camera is behind a NVR, so I log onto the nvr with no problems. When I try to log into the camera is when the problem happens. Funny thing is when I do log in I get full Internet Explorer support and still view the camera in Internet Explorer.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like it might have something to do with a NVR with Virtual Host turned on and it is a Pass Through connection and might be showing you that it isn't a normal Network connection..

So in my thinking as I don't have a POE NVR with new enough FW for Virtual Host, So you want to do something in your camera you click on Setup in your NVR and it takes you to a page that you need to then log in the camera

Or you are trying to access your camera as Longedge was asking in a 192.168.xx.xx type format directly? I am guessing if it is like in the start of my post through your NVR it is telling you that it is different type then normal login?
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

I will try updating the firmware for that camera, do you think I will run into problems doing this?
Camera is a IP8M-T2499E
Firmware now is 2.622.00AC00.0.R. 4/15/2019
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If it is a pass though and the NVR is on old FW then it would pass on IE anyway.. that 4.15/2019 FW is PRE JS if your camera has a newer then that FW listed on the website once you go into JS FW there is no going back at this time even though I keep getting that they are working on a way to let the End User go back at this time that isn't something that in most cases will work and some that wasn't blocked some have bricked the camera trying to go back and some have made it back but have some issues... I don't know anyone that has Went back and then returned as most have not talked much after Yah I did it and kind of a One and Gone not sure I trust that.. and the ones that did try and bricked the camera have stayed around but not talked about it after...
Be Safe.
patric

Post by patric »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:18 pm I don't know anyone that has Went back and then returned as most have not talked much after Yah I did it and kind of a One and Gone not sure I trust that.. and the ones that did try and bricked the camera have stayed around but not talked about it after...
You can ask Tech Support to give you an RMA number to have them roll back the firmware. You pay shipping.
JimSchuuz

Post by JimSchuuz »

Just a short note about the button display - "com.login" will either be the name of the button control in the software code, or the name of the function it calls within the code. "Login" will be the label for the button control that's displayed when the code is loaded. If "Login" isn't always displayed, and instead it just shows the control name "com.login" then that usually means that the code didn't completely load. If this is in a web browser, it could be a resource problem on the computer, or an issue with the browser being old, or any combination of things. If either loads the camera fine, then it's not an issue.

On the other hand, if some other things don't work properly, I would change browsers and/or workstations from which you're accessing the camera. Although it's possible, it's not very likely that the problem is in the camera's code itself.