firefox and internet explorer plugins no longer working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gemini5kl

firefox and internet explorer plugins no longer working

Post by gemini5kl »

Firefox and Intenet explorer plugins are no longer working to view cams online as of 03/15/17. anyone have any idea whats going on and how to fix this problem.
DaddyPhatSaks

Re: firefox and internet explorer plugins no longer working

Post by DaddyPhatSaks »

I use firefox and same issue here. Update 52 seemed to block or disable the plugins and I cant figure out how to get around it.
wolfievtec

Post by wolfievtec »

Found a solution, Download Firefox ESR edition. It's an extended support version that will allow the plugin's to work. I guess this is a temp solution but for now it works!
arnold

Post by arnold »

Every time I try to log in to AmcrestView, I get the "Download now" screen asking me to install the ActiveX update. I have installed it at least 10 times now. I installed Firefox ESR to no avail.
tonester

Post by tonester »

Hmmm, what version of IE and Windows are you running? I can (still) view my cameras on IE 11.0.9600.18537 / Win 7 Pro SP1.
carcioni

Post by carcioni »

I expect the problem is the removal of support for NPAPI with FF-52+, later versions of IE and even Chrome back in late 2015. IE removed the feature, but provided a 'shim' to keep things working for a bit longer. The shim was removed sometime in 2015 I think.

NPAPI is a 1990's api used to support browser extensions, and has been on the chopping block for quite awhile.
Assuming this is correct, AMCREST will need to re-develop the plugin using more current Web API technologies to get things to work again, on the newer browsers.

The only real fix for now is to use an older browser as has been suggested, or find some other plugin that emulates NPAPI short term.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Problems ... ta-p/31069
https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases ... n-firefox/
https://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-f ... npapi.html
markcm

Post by markcm »

My solution has been using "IE TAB" extension in Chrome browser. With this Chrome extension, I've had no issues viewing any of my Foscam, or Amcrest cameras or my amcrest NVR.
gemini5kl

Post by gemini5kl »

none of these things you guys suggested works. I have windows 10. I have tried downloading eairlier versions of firefox but still get the same error messages continually asking to install the browser plugins. am I the only one with this problem I'm sure there are hundreds of people with this issue. Is there anyone here from amcrest that an give a solution.
dsmiley

Post by dsmiley »

gemini5kl wrote:none of these things you guys suggested works. I have windows 10. I have tried downloading eairlier versions of firefox but still get the same error messages continually asking to install the browser plugins. am I the only one with this problem I'm sure there are hundreds of people with this issue. Is there anyone here from amcrest that an give a solution.
Go here - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/ - and if using Windows 10 use the 32 bit version.
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

When will Amcrest finally address this? This has been a constant nightmare for Amcrest users. Lose the damn plug-ins, Amcrest!!!