Windows desktop player for IP3M-956

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
lubowsky

Windows desktop player for IP3M-956

Post by lubowsky »

I have several Amcrest IP cameras. The IP2M-841 and IPM-721 work fine with everything. On Android, the Amcrest View Pro app works great. On my Windows desktop, I can access them directly in Chrome with their IP addresses. I even tried Amcrest Surveillance Pro, and that works too.

The IP3M-956 is limited, though. On Android, it also works in the Amcrest View Pro app. But on Windows, you can't access this directly in Chrome. You have to use the Amcrest Web View extension. This cameral also did not load in Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

Now that Chrome will be ending support for old extensions, are there any suggestions for a replacement? Will Amcrest update the Amcrest Web View extension? Or is there another app that will work with the IP3M-956?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Windows desktop player for IP3M-956

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure why your 956 didn't work in ASP mine works fine in ASP..

About the 956 working in some other method, You can use Edge the new Windows Browser in IE mode, They have said they will support IE mode until 2029 so a few good years left.

I still use it in IE however and I know one day it will go away on its own and then I will just use Edge with my other cameras. I have many other Amcrest cameras that are not Chrome Supported even some very costly old ones from years past..

Best way and fastest way to access them is to bring up Edge, Then click in the 3 dots in the top right, Then click on Settings, Then in the left side area like on the Default Browser, (Your not setting as default that is just the area this is at) then in the bottom area is where you would Click the + and add in a IP address for your camera using the http and stuff as normal. Once you add it for 30 days it will open the IP address in IE mode. There will be a bar that comes up and says to run in Edge just click the X and ignore that..

About not working in ASP. I would make sure you have the info entered right. If you make a mistake you can't just edit and correct it remove from ASP and add it with the right info..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
lubowsky

Re: Windows desktop player for IP3M-956

Post by lubowsky »

You're right, thanks. It works in Amcrest Surveillance Pro. I was entering my HTTP port in the field for the TCP port. When I fixed that, the 956 can connect. Interestingly, the 841 and 721 worked with the incorrect value.