Web UI for IP Camera won't bring up login screen - Not Found 404

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jhambach

Web UI for IP Camera won't bring up login screen - Not Found 404

Post by jhambach »

I can't get to the login page (Web UI) of the ip camera (ASH42-B) that is on my wifi network. Chrome browser reports "Not Secure/Not found 404" when the camera's ip address is entered in the browser. Same results with Internet Explorer web browser. The camera's IP address does ping with the computer. Amcrest IP Config reports "on line" and the camera is viewable through Surveillance Pro / Live View and the mobile app. Using Windows 10. Problems are identical on the other 2 computers on my network (W10 & Chromebook). I tried shutting down the firewall and Windows Defender but no help.

Not sure if this is a separate issue or not, PC-NVR shows as "online" in Surveillance Pro and HD allocate, remote setup and etc. are all setup but it doesn't record. I can't think of anything else to try at this point.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Web UI for IP Camera won't bring up login screen - Not Found 404

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jhambach Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I don't own this camera but I am going to guess this is a NON Web UI camera.. if you want to access this over the net I think it cab be added to the amcrestview.com website and accessed over that for a web view... However most of this type of camera is a Smart Camera that takes a Smart Home App and could connect to a Amcrest NVR or Ip ch on a Amcrest DVR... Other then that it is limited to what it connects to...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @jhambach and welcome to the forum. i can confirm smart home cameras do not support web ui. smart home cameras were designed to primarily work with the smart home app.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jhambach,
There is no Web UI for ASH21. I'm not surprised that PC-NVR doesn't work. I can live view, and replay ASH21 SD card video files using Surveillance Pro and View Pro.
masymas

Post by masymas »

Same problem here. 404 error- I just wasted 2 hours setting up and it cant do what I want. I save images to an FTP server. I have 8 Amcrest cameras that work fine. Its a shame they didn't support this. Back to Amazone it goes...
tomtcom

Post by tomtcom »

I found out the hard way about this too. Look at the serial number names of devices. IP cameras (web login) start with AMC (amcrest camera (assumption)) while Amcrest smart home cameras start with ASH (amcrest smarthome).

Fortunately you can use ONVIF (at least for ASH-26) to use other camera apps but this was highly disappointing to learn after the fact and no control over it other than the app.

So now I have 2 Amcrest apps and my IP Cam viewer app. You can't configure much using Amcrest IP Config (no network config options to change) and you can't add these to AmcrestView (in case you wanted to easily import to the Amcrest app).
KripyPicli

Post by KripyPicli »

I have the same kind of issue right here
KripyPicli

Post by KripyPicli »

I have the same kind of issue right here. I have the IP camera, ASH42-B model. Not found 404 report right here. I tried to configure the camera from my desktop and connect with my mobile device, got the same error message. If you have any good suggestions about solving this error, it would be much appreciated. I am currently trying to create an app that will connect your web camera from your desktop and stream the video on your mobile device, and I'm using this service to build the main platform https://flipabit.dev/create/.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ash42 isn't a web camera it's a smarthome camera. Works with smarthome app or DVR/NVR it don't have a web server built in like a normal cctv IP camera
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Actually, SmartHome devices do have a web server built in. That's how they process all CGI/API commands via http.

What they do lack is a web User Interface menu for local setup/configurations and instead rely primarily (but not exclusively) on the SmartHome mobile app.