View NVR Cameras from Web User Interface

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Bugeyz

View NVR Cameras from Web User Interface

Post by Bugeyz »

I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find anything on these two subjects that helped.

When using WED UI, I can't seem to connect with any cameras that are connected directly to my Amcrest PoE NVR. I can see all the other cameras on the system but they are connected to the network through an Amcrest PoE+ 8 port Switch. I can also see the NVR but it doesn't show anything when I do connect.

Another point is while I can make configuration changes to the cameras I do see,I do not see any video on any channel. It says to download a plugin but when I click on the link it sends me to Amcrest instruction page and does not download anything. I have tried , Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Brave browsers all do the same thing.

All cameras (15) are visible through the NVR monitor feed and the NVR is working properly (as far as I can tell).

Any help is appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: View NVR Cameras from Web User Interface

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that is one of the issues of owning a POE NVR... Not that it is an issue to be honest it is a form of Protection to the cameras behind the NVR...

So in side of some not all but some NVRs will have a Virtual Host or Dynamic Host option... This is what would open your ability to see past the NVR into the cameras for WebUI configurations....

Something to try...
1 Try using MS IE... Not Chrome, or Edge... This can be found if no where else in the Windows section of the computer.. Windows 10 click on the Windows button bottom left, Then scroll all the way down to the Windows area you want Windows Accessories. This is where IE is located if no one has made a PIN to the DT or Bar... It will ask you to install a Plugin.. Just say yes and click on DON"T ask me again... Accept to all pages.

Then you can in the Camera setup page of the NVR click on the e it would bring up the camera WebUI...

For Cameras out side of your NVR Old FW uses IE... New FW using Chrome only.. Chrome has a Web UI app for Amcrest that you can install and I use it.. Sadly if you want to have it remember your Password it won't then you would want to use IE....

Inside of the NVR if it is setup to pass though there would be some type of action you would need to Click on to enable it... By default it is not active...

If you have a NVR that don't offer that. The next thing to do is make a Connection to the NVR over one of the Ports using a Switch and have that switch connected to your router that can give you a work around if you will...
Be Safe.
Bugeyz

Post by Bugeyz »

Thank you, the IE did it. I can now see those cameras not attached to the NVR.
Bugeyz

Post by Bugeyz »

My NVR is an Amcrest NV1416E-HS. Do you know where I would find this "pass through?" Blue Iris doesn't see them either.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I think you mean 4116 if not I am not sure...

If your NVR is the Amcrest NV4116E-HS then it might be under the Remote Device area. Here you can not only add or remove cameras but also access the camera info. I am going to guess this is over IE and it is said to be best to have all your Cameras setup with Static IP's ...

One of these days I need to just buy one of these so I can know more about them...
Be Safe.