Remote access using amcrest view pro 2

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Post Reply
reochief151
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:03 pm

Remote access using amcrest view pro 2

Post by reochief151 »

I can access all of my eight amcrest security cameras when I am on my local home network. However, when I try to access the cameras remotely using amcrest view pro 2 software, I can only access five of the eight cameras. What settings should I be looking at to correct this issue?
User avatar
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin
Posts: 6820
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Re: Remote access using amcrest view pro 2

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Will want to make sure p2p is enabled and that your IP in is correct. Then if p2p is showing it's online then you will want to make sure you setup you camera using p2p and not ip.
Be Safe.
OneDumDuk
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2025 3:51 am

Re: Remote access using amcrest view pro 2

Post by OneDumDuk »

In view pro 2 the only way for P2P to work outside of your local area network is the Amcrest device that you want to access has to be at factory defaults, then no network config changes of any kind, with exception of enabling P2P. --OR-- Go back to View Pro 1 that does not have these restrictions.
P2P gives you a security benefit but it costs you severely in bandwidth restriction. P2P struggles to provide 30-50kbps MAX, while port forwarding gives you 3-5Mbps.
I had 15 devices setup on scattered custom ports using View Pro 1 for remote access via P2P in View Pro 1 mobile app, while still having access from web browser and Surveillance Pro on laptop. Then along came View Pro2 and lost all connectivity in mobile app when away from home network. After weeks of trial and error I finally discovered the config rules mentioned above for view pro 2. I went back to View Pro 1 and my scattered random ports configuration for non-app access.
User avatar
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin
Posts: 6820
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Re: Remote access using amcrest view pro 2

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure what you are talking about.. I have not had to reset my cameras back to factory to get my AVP2 to work with P2P.. All my cameras and I have more then my share of Amcrest out of the 40 cameras that I have on my Network.. All my Amcrest cameras are setup P2P and same with my Amcrest DVR/NVRs... I have more then my share of them as well. I also have Dahua cameras and their app and again with new app for Dahua I run them all P2P and have no issues with access from outside of the network..

Want safe access to your cameras or DVR/NVRs don't Port Forward or use UPNP ever... If you do I hope you have a good password because it will take less then 2 days before someone tries to exploit your device.. I have tested this and well monitored on all my devices.. Since adding them back to P2P access I have had no more attacks..
Be Safe.
Post Reply