Playback for SD card

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ScottBot

Playback for SD card

Post by ScottBot »

I've been using the Amcrest Web View chrome extension to view/playback recordings that are stored on the camera SD card. Just recently that extension has stopped working for playback on Chrome, Edge, and FireFox. Going to the web interface directly via IP address works for live view and settings, but the playback UI does not work.

I also have not been able to get the Amcrest View Pro app to load any playback recordings either.

Now that the extension seems to be inoperable, what is the solution to view recorded files on the camera SD card?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Playback for SD card

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This puts me in mind of a problem that I've been having with one of my cameras recently when I couldn't understand why I was getting any recordings.

Can you confirm that you have checked the SD card and established that there are actual recordings present. When I looked into my problem, I found that the camera was simply not showing/losing track of the SD card and a manual reboot brought things back to normal for 1 week when it would happen again. I previously had the camera re-booting at 0200hrs every Sunday morning and since I disabled that everything is working again.

As a first step, I would put the SD card into a card reader and check/verify the contents. If the card is an old one, think about replacing it.

It would help to know what camera you have got and what version of the firmware it is running. If you could post a screenshot of the playback interface that you are seeing that might also help.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would try Edge and use IE tab to access you camera. Microsoft says they will support that until 2029. Also could try ASP from amcrest. Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ScottBot

Post by ScottBot »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:52 am ... Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
The windows program did the trick. Thanks!