Playback cut/trim

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
buckyswider

Playback cut/trim

Post by buckyswider »

Hi guys, I know I've done something like this in the past, but what I thought I remembered doing isn't working anymore. I want to cut a clip in playback mode. But the 'cut' scissors icon on the bottom right of Web View is not selectable- i get the 'ol circle with a line through it. I get this whether playing or paused. I also thought I remembered I could manually type in the hh:mm:ss of my start and end points, but that doesn't allow input either.

What am I doing wrong? I haven't done this in quite some time. I'm logged in as admin. The camera is an IP3M-941B if that matters. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback cut/trim

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't have a 941 in front of me so I am not sure how they should or shouldn't work... However I am going to guess that it might be a FW (Firmware) issue.. Have you done a FW update? When you did this update did you Reset the Camera? If you didn't update FW, maybe you can get away with doing a Reset of your system

Also maybe another issue could be your using a different account and when the account was setup the ability to do what you want to do was omitted and don't have access to it..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
buckyswider

Post by buckyswider »

i'm sure i've updated the firmware on the camera since the last time i did this a year or two back. So it's the camera f/w that controls this and not the app? Interesting!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I can for sure say that sadly not always related to app. I have 2 cameras that has 2 different FW in older FW there is a WDR toggle in the new FW there is no toggle for the WDR. I know this isn't app related because using the same phone same app when older one is in use the WDR is there and new FW camera is in play that button is gone... So yeah I am going to guess there was an issue with code for it, or it was over looked on updated code or the Camera was not Reset after FW update and the camera has part of old code and part of new code and it don't understand what it should do so it does nothing... If you have not done a Reset I would try that to be honest...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe