nv4108e-a2 8 channel can only view 4 cameras on WebUI

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Kyosji

nv4108e-a2 8 channel can only view 4 cameras on WebUI

Post by Kyosji »

I just installed a nv4108e-a2, as the PC I was running blue iris on kept overheating in the closet I have, and I needed something I could lock up. So far it's an ok NVR, minus some WebUI issues. My biggest issue is that I can't seem to get more than 4 cameras to show on the WebUI at a time. There's a drop down menu that looks like it would give you options of something other than 4 screens, but the drop down only has one option of 4 screens. How do I change this? I also would like to know if there's a way to keep the cameras selected for each login. Currently I have to select the cameras to fill all the screens each time I log into the webui. Currently how it is, it's kind of an annoyance. I need faster ways to view my cameras when I'm not home then selecting only a portion of my cameras at a time each time i log in.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: nv4108e-a2 8 channel can only view 4 cameras on WebUI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

My guess is that you would want to DL and use ASP from Amcrest. It will have a better setup for ease of access.

So what you would need to do is setup ASP, Then go into the Create View area to setup how you want your system to come up.

About the 4ch LIve view in WebUI. I am going to guess that your talking about while your using Chrome or Edge. It is kind of Sad that IE is going away and that the best view is while using IE..

When I log in one of my systems that I know for sure works with more then 4ch view in Chrome or Edge I only get a 4ch View. What are the options? As I was saying above ASP and setting up with P2P for your devices you won't have to port forward or do any extra setup in your computers to make things work. Next option is to use IE, OR IE tab in Edge or Chrome. Looking at the 2 pictures below you can see what one of my NVR's look like in Chrome and IE where IE is much better option with many more features offered.. Yes still will need to DL and install something so it works but it still works. Worse case IE Tab in Edge is going to be supported until 2029 the last time I looked.

1 last thing if you have the Preview Recover in your setup then you can click that to recover your last viewing setup... You can see that option in both IE and Chrome..
Screenshot (2770).png
Screenshot (2770).png (72.32 KiB) Viewed 5760 times
Screenshot (2771).png
Screenshot (2771).png (110.28 KiB) Viewed 5760 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also about over heating. If your area that you will be locking it up at. Most of my Recorders are in a Hidden Closet and I have it cooled by AC and have a fresh air system setup for normal AC off times. This is done in a way that it looks like there is nothing there from outside of the hidden room and vent looks like to normal part of house as it is just a fresh air for HVAC. Personally needed to do this because of the hardware that was back there room would over heat fast. Now just part of the normal house heat and cool with fresh air..
Be Safe.
Kyosji

Post by Kyosji »

So what it's sounding like is that there is no way to view all of your cameras at once on the webui unless you download software. That's not really viable when traveling for work, especially when my company has a no software installation policy.

This seems to be a horrible design on Amcrest side. I'm messaging Amcrest support to see if they have other options, if not, I'm probably going to have to return it, as it doesn't really do what it says it should do with any form of ease for traveling. I may also return it because live view is grainy and hard to make out enough detail. I was so excited for this, but now I'm just very disappointed so far.