Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dljone1

Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Post by dljone1 »

I have an IP2M-841B camera that I am trying to add to my new Synology NAS. However, I can't log into my camera with the Web UI anymore since Internet Explorer has been discontinued. How do we log into the cameras?

I can access my cam's live feed through Surveillance Pro (WIN10) and the Android app.
amcrest168

Re: Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Post by amcrest168 »

have you tried chrome?
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

Yes, I did. I entered the IPCAMS IP address in the URL bar. I get a "This site can't be reached."

It used to be that, when one wanted to log into an IPCAM directly, you had to use IE with a AMCREST extension. IE doesn't work anymore.

Is there a new way that replaces using Internet Explorer?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

dljone1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 amI get a "This site can't be reached."
In which case it's best to double check the IP address you're using. I think that message would indicate that you've entered an incorrect one, it's an error message from your web browser.

What firmware version is installed on your camera?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also please NOTE that if you have changed your Port ID for Web you will need to enter that as well.. So on one of my Cameras I have to log into it by entering

10.0.1.128:37774 and if I just try to access the camera with just the Ip address I will not be able to log into the Camera.. Not saying this is the issue but if you did change your Port ID could be a problem as well..

I would get IP Config installed and use that to keep track of your IP for your cameras if your list is to large and also keep in mind that you might get that if you didn't set your Camera to Static IP and have it set on DHCP because it might have a different IP then one you thought it was like longedge has stated you may have entered an incorrect IP...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

longedge wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:34 am
dljone1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 amI get a "This site can't be reached."
In which case it's best to double check the IP address you're using. I think that message would indicate that you've entered an incorrect one, it's an error message from your web browser.

What firmware version is installed on your camera?
The IP is correct. It matches what the router is saying.
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

Software version (according to Surveillance Pro): 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build 2017*6-29

I tried using IP Config but it doesn't populate. I can't log into it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is an IE Camera.. You will need to have Amcrest Chrome APP for that FW camera.. YOu can also use IE plugin for Chrome or IE whatever it is called for Chrome.. But I still can use IE to log into my 2.520 version cameras

Screenshot (128).png
Screenshot (128).png (2.02 MiB) Viewed 6462 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also I thought I would mention while I do like the 2.520 better then the 2.420 2019 or 2020 version of the camera FW you can dl that 2020 FW from Amcrest Firmware page and that will let you connect to the Camera Over Chrome with no plugin or app for the device...
Be Safe
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

I just had a thought.

A few months ago, I ran all of my devices -- including these cams -- under my guest network. Is is possible that the ports are locked down under Guest? This could explain why I can't forward 37777 for this device. However, I can access live video feeds in Surveillance Pro and my Android app so it can't be totally locked down.