Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jack7

Re: Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Post by jack7 »

dljone1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:53 am I have an IP2M-841B camera that I am trying to add to my new Synology NAS. However, I can't log into my camera with the Web UI anymore since Internet Explorer has been discontinued. How do we log into the cameras?

I can access my cam's live feed through Surveillance Pro (WIN10) and the Android app.
Internet Explorer 11 is a component of Windows 10 and has not been discontinued. It's lifecycle is the same as Windows 10 which currently ends in 2025.

Suggestion:
Since Surveillance Pro works for you, go to
Device Configuration/Network/Connection for your camera. Take the IP address and HTTP Port number there and use them in IE. In IE, the format is IP address:Port number. You need to be using the 2018-02-06 camera firmware. Also use that IP address and HTTP Port number in Synology.
If that does not work, you may have blocking being done in your router or some firewall, or some other problem.
dljone1

Re: Now that IE is gone, how do I log into my IP Cam?

Post by dljone1 »

I think I've figured out my problem!

I could not successfully open my ports. This is because my internet provider uses Carrier Grade NAT protocol. As a result, you can't open ports unless you have a static IP. I will get mine in a few days.