No access via AmcrestView.com - says bad Serial Number?

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Inkylinx

No access via AmcrestView.com - says bad Serial Number?

Post by Inkylinx »

Trying to view my camera via "www.AmcrestView.com" and adding my Device, but get the error message, "Invalid S/N, be sure to enable P2P in your device". I have verified that P2P *IS* enabled (UI via SeaMonkey browser, IP address/Network/TCP-IP/P2P, Enabled, Status=Online, S/N [copied/pasted from here]), so don't know why I keep getting this error message? This is the only Amcrest camera I have (IP3M-941w), so is the only Serial Number that is showing in the Amcrest Web UI program. Any help, please?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: No access via AmcrestView.com - says bad Serial Number?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello I am going to make a Guess here... While I did setup an account I didn't Copy and paste my SN. However I did type it off my Cell Phones app looking up the camera there.

It might be as i have seen stranger things that the Copy and Paste of your SN didn't paste in the NUMBER as it goes as it looks, While I know it is hard to understand that. I have tried in the past with other things to copy and paste a Passwords or SN and for what ever reason it picks up a ( ) Space either before or after the SN or Password. While this might not be the issue and is only a guess. I wonder if you haven't tried to type it in from looking at the number off your phone or from being written down?
Be Safe.
Inkylinx

Post by Inkylinx »

Thanks for the suggestion Revo2Maxx, I did try it both ways - typing in directly as well as Copy/Paste. I also verified there were no extra spaces or anything, made sure the zeros weren't actually Oh's, I entered by looking at the S/N from the camera, I had the S/N read to me by someone else, etc., but still no joy. I will say this is the 3rd camera I've worked with that had this issue and see that it is a problem with others... so kinda glad it's not just me, LOL, but there still is no resolution. I'd written to support, and the answer I got back was "Currently, we are having some issue with Amcrest View. Our team is working on it." :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I guess my next question is and I am only going off guesses here... Are you trying to setup your system so you can Remote view or you trying to view and use your system on the Local Network?

While I am not 100% sure but in most cases if your going to use over your own network you should be able to use the Chrome Ext App, IE after installing the Ext, The Amcrest Surveillance Pro app... I use them all and never used the Amcrestview.com thing until your question and at the time I was installing it I was asking myself why would I? Then after a few minutes it dawned on me that I was viewing it on my computer that is based on my second network with a different IP then my Camera and DVRs and thought oh maybe people use this so they can access it no matter where they are? It is ok I will still Delete the account there and change my Password to my camera as I don't like a bunch of things knowing my Cameras Password with all the leaks on Cameras over the world. Wouldn't be happy to find mine being accessed by anyone other then me other people I have access to over my network...
Be Safe.