New Edge browser IE mode

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jack7

New Edge browser IE mode

Post by jack7 »

In a PC Edge tab, you can use a camera Web UI that normally requires Internet Explorer. 
Note:  You first need to enable Internet Explorer mode one time.   Go to Edge Settings, search Settings for Internet Explorer mode, and enable it.
Do the following each time you use an IE Web UI:
Load Amcrest Web UI login page in Edge tab.
Click   ...   at top right of Edge.
In More tools, click Reload page in Internet Explorer mode.

Internet Explorer 11 desktop app retirement FAQ:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ ... -p/2366549
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Edge browser IE mode

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks. Hate it that they don't talk about IE mode for Chrome like it isn't out there or they don't or won't support it after the end of IE.. Personally in all Recorders that offer IE and Chrome support meaning all other platforms as well the WebUI in IE is much better and has things that is removed in all other platforms. Kind of upsets me they are doing away with something that works.. Edge I don't like much because I find it just a Chrome based system that acts like Chrome so might as well just use Chrome..

Maybe Amcrest will get some updated FW for the Recorders that works as it was intended. Hate looking at stats about Cameras or Recorders and what is offered however when you load the JS FW and work in Chrome some of the stats are no longer an item that works in Chrome..

Lucky for me as of now anyway IE in Chrome is still working and as long as I can access my 850's seeing I like to use them over the POE NVR.. However i am not sure how it will work trying to access from the NVR seeing right now I still use and Prefer IE for my 4216E-AI and 7108AI seeing they will work in both.. Even the 1046EW-AI works in both and again Prefer IE..

Maybe someone will make something that works after the fact sadly others that used to work have stopped working in the last year or so..
26.05.2021_00.47.59_REC.png
26.05.2021_00.47.59_REC.png (806.4 KiB) Viewed 20997 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I just checked my 4216E NVR and while it will work in the IE and it will load a new window not a tab as it normally does in IE.. When I go to log in the camera after using IE mode the camera will come online just can't see anything because it is all out of frames as it normally is so far it looks like that option isn't going to work for Chrome in IE mode and loading a camera off the back side through the NVR isn't going to work...

Just got the IE Tab it is 100% just like the Chrome one lol... Also sadly Edge does the same thing that Chrome does when I try to load a camera from the NVR's back side..

Sad this is what IE Tab does to both as I said above I only took the image from Edge and the first picture in my first reply is from Chrome connection to cameras WebUI over the camera on my normally network image below is from trying to access the camera that is connected to my NVR's POE port.. Works perfect still in NORMAL IE..

26.05.2021_01.08.32_REC.png
26.05.2021_01.08.32_REC.png (191.31 KiB) Viewed 20997 times
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I have not tried a NVR, but in your second screenshot of Edge, I don't understand why you are apparently using an Edge extension (IE Tab)? What happens if you just put http://10.0.0.223:10080 directly in Edge and do the steps I mentioned to use Internet Explorer mode?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in Chrome and in Edge that is what happens in both using the IE Extension aka Tab.. Yes if I put the camera IP address with port number in Edge it will work with that camera because it is able to work in Chrome and Edge however doing so will remove the things I like to use in the IE and was only for checking what would happen if I tried to load from my NVR.. I can use it on one as soon as a new window opens by the Direction of my NVR that is what happens.. It is only an issue for cameras that I can't use Chrome or Edge..

So I just thought I would try something else. Sadly it didn't work as expected either. Taking the IP with Port number as it showed there after loading from the NVR it started a different camera not the one I wanted and makes no since to me.. I will keep trying to find something that works.. What is odd and why it don't make since to me is when I click the camera it will load that camera however when I put in the port manually it just times out...

What is odd as well is camera that I tried to load was Ch6, However when I load after first logging into the NVR and want to see Ch7 AKA port7 it will have that same Port number if I look at a different one then it will be 10081 and so on.. Trying to load off that number alone results in a failed load

Edit: Ok just did it again and this time.. I logged into the NVR, I clicked the button, I then took that into a new tab, clicked the IE button again, then pasted the info in the IE Tab bar and this time it did work as expected so the good news is it does work just not as easy as it does within IE itself... I tried again a few other ways with either Time out issue or messed up screen as results.. After Click, copy link, past in new tab after pressing the IE tab button and that did work.. just a lot to do to make things work as you want it to :)
Be Safe
jcrider74

Post by jcrider74 »

I have been using IE flawlessly on my laptop. Recently I am getting this screen coming up when I log in. I can't figure out how to get this screen back to normal, and Chrome sucks for Amcrest NVR, and Edge.... let's not go there. IE is working fine on the desktop just the laptop is hosed, and used to work just fine.

Can anyone please help? We had an attempted break in recently and I really want to be able to view this on my laptop
Attachments
NVR Snip.PNG
NVR Snip.PNG (239.81 KiB) Viewed 8224 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jcrider74 Hello and Welcome to the forum

It is hard to say. I have a few Laptops and only ones I have an issue with is the ones with really small screens. I would double check that your Video Software is up to date.

Also I would look to see if your Screen ratio is set right.

What NVR and what Browser are you using?

Maybe for your Laptop DL ASP to view your systems..
Be Safe
jcrider74

Post by jcrider74 »

THANK YOU!!!! I didn't even think about checking those settings, It was the screen resolution. Once it changed, works great!'

I appreciate you!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just looked at my ROG 753 older Laptop. I was able to view my 4216E-AI, and also brought up my older 4108E NVR's and loaded them both using IE Extension Not that the 4216E-AI nvr needs it however the older 4108 does so I used it for both..
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (128.09 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (234.21 KiB) Viewed 8221 times
Be Safe