internet explorer on its way out

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
lagrabow

internet explorer on its way out

Post by lagrabow »

I have been getting messages, of late, that I should be looking into using another browser, such as Edge or Chrome, because support is ending for IE.
I have tried switching browsers but can't seem to get it to work.
I followed a tutorial from amcrest but it didn't work and it was dated 2018. It kept asking me to download the plug in, but then when I clicked on to download nothing happened.
I didn't find anything current. Is there something more current [2020]?
Is there other browsers that work with amcrest?

I view my 4 Amcrest cams on the NVR and my one Dahua cam on a browser [currently IE]

I have both a windows 10 pc and a linux pc.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: internet explorer on its way out

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You can Use Sea Monkey it works

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Thanks RevoMaxx2, but I think I would prefer a simple browser, as I do not need all these extras provided with SeaMonkey Internet Application Suite, based on Firefox. I would like to find out how to make amcrest work with browsers I already have. Brave, Opera, Chrome, Edge. Particularly Edge, as it is the browser for Win 10.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sorry I thought I was answering your Question "Is there other browsers that work with amcrest?"

Anyway I don't know I use Chrome myself I have a 24 port Switch that don't work with any of my Browsers so I found SeaMonkey... All I know is that SeaMonkey works with my Switch and works with Amcrest Cameras that are on older FW before the Release of 2019 ones that are Chrome based... Between Chrome and all the others out there to me SeaMonkey seems to be cut open source for the people by the people... Sorry couldn't help you out... Have a good day..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could just keep using IE. Microsoft will support IE until 2025, same as Windows 10. See
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... r-and-edge
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

@Revo2Maxx - My apologies to you. I was not meaning to denigrate SeaMonkey or your use of it in any way. Is it possible to only use the browser portion?

@jack7 - it is nice to know that support will continue for a while, however I would like to move on to a more up to date browser and find out why the amcrest viewer is available as a chrome extension, but still does not work in Chrome, chromium, edge, brave, opera, etc.
Alberta

Post by Alberta »

to lagrabow

STAY with IE. Had endless misery with firefox, chrome and edge. Have not (yet( tried Brave).
As mentioned you have another 5 years life in IE.
I for one love that Browser, as I have other programs that will ONLY run on IE.
My two cents worth.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Yesterday's post by James.S in this thread https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... t8986.html may be of help. I have installed the latest (javascript) firmware in all 3 of my cameras and they all work with Firefox, Chrome and Edge (Chrome based).

Whether you decide to update the firmware or not is a matter of personal choice but if you've got a system that works, it may be as well to stay with it.

I'm an inveterate fiddler and I don't rely on my Amcrest cameras as my only source of security monitoring so when things go wrong for me, which they certainly do from time to time, it isn't critical.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
patric

Post by patric »

Alberta wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:39 am to lagrabow

STAY with IE. Had endless misery with firefox, chrome and edge. Have not (yet( tried Brave).
As mentioned you have another 5 years life in IE.
I for one love that Browser, as I have other programs that will ONLY run on IE.
My two cents worth.
Please anything but Chrome (which is mostly spyware).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

LOL I am having a hard time understanding why people say that CHROME is spyware?

What is funny is Edge MS new well mostly NEWLY promoted browser is almost a Chrome Clone in feel and look anyway why besides some link to some Fake JUNK about Spam LOL that isn't Spyware lol... That is called Cookies and it is on every browser out there... It is a digital Trail to try and help with Ads for something you want not trying to offer you Pantyhose or Ladies products when it knows by your type of pages viewed your a man... Funny thing is most times now days I get ads for CCTV products because that is where I hang out most of the time in Chrome... I love Chrome I can use it on my Phone and have access to all my pages viewed on all my computers that I use Chrome on and log in to my Account with.. Most phones require you now days to setup over a Chrome account for the Store and all other things. I used to be Firefox only kind of person, However for the last 4 years or maybe 5 I have used Chrome 95% of the time.. Only time I don't use Chrome is when I have to use IE because a camera will not work over Chrome... Most times after making the mistake of trying over Chrome.. Hate Edge, had a hard time finding IE at first because I never used it... So without posting some Link that I will remove the post if there is a link to SOMETHING... Please tell me how Chrome is Spyware?

Edit: By the way I just did a Search on the Web and found what site i am sure you would post if you were going to post and as I said it is Tracking Cookies, and guess what FIREFOX uses Chromes Spyware as you would call it as well.. They say they won't remove it either.... Edge is also, and IE is also... So all the major players use Tracking Cookies...
Be Safe.