internet explorer on its way out

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jack7

Re: internet explorer on its way out

Post by jack7 »

patric wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:22 pm Please anything but Chrome (which is mostly spyware).
Patric, you have a lot of convincing to do. :)
Apparently Chrome market share is still growing.
FWIW, https://www.stetic.com/market-share/browser/
JonLandon

Post by JonLandon »

how about using IE on "mobile devices"
to view cameras. Amcrest View Pro is impossibly slow on my mobile device - IE works fast on my windows 10 PC
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't have IE on my S9 Samsung have Chrome.. What I do know is when I tried to access the WebUI over Chome on my S9 it tells me I need the Plugin for cameras that still require it.. However something that is cool for me if I am in a bind and want to make a camera change that I can't do over the App.. I can log in on Chrome goto setup and make changes inside there even without the plugin

However crazy as it is LOL my camera that is on a Chrome Updated FW from 2019 and 2020 I can use Chrome to log in over my S9 and it does look like it should besides it is super sized lol Making it smaller does let me access all the functions of the camera.. I just had to check after your Question if it would work on the new FW from 2019 and 2020 and it did..

However I am going to guess that is your system isn't letting you use the app very well Chrome or IE if you were able to install plugin might not work so well either Just a Guess...
Be Safe.