How to Disable PC Sync?!?

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dahai8

How to Disable PC Sync?!?

Post by dahai8 »

My camera is a few time zones away. Every time I access via the Web UI, it shows my PCs date/time in the Live view.
This also screws up the event recordings with the wrong local time!
I found this thread from 2+ years ago with no resolution.
https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 13099.html
I have sync to ntp enabled and set to 1 min interval as a stop-gap, but I think that kind of ridiculous to have to to.
Is there still no fix for this stupid bug???
longedge
Site Admin

Re: How to Disable PC Sync?!?

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As a first step, I would suggest checking through the system/general/date&time settings in your camera. For my location the GMT +00:00 is the correct one and that is what I have set. I have both options "Enable DST" and " Sync with NTP server" unticked. My cameras are set to reboot once a week and on the rare occasion that I notice that any of them is more than a few seconds out, I log in to that camera web UI and click on the PC Sync button.

This works perfectly for all my cameras.

p.s. I should add that my PC is on 24/7/365 with Amcrest Surveillance Pro running.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Camera in time zone GMT -6:00
Me in time zone GMT -10:00
Camera set to GMT -6:00
NTP turned on
Everything good
Log in by WebUI from GMT -10:00 and Camera Resets to GMT -10:00 (bad) not the correct GMT -6:00 of camera
I do NOT want PC Sync. PC is not same time zone as Camera
Camera MUST stay in its time zone (GMT -6:00) and NOT change to PC time zone (GMT -10:00) otherwise recordings are WRONG Time Stamp!
As title says: How to Disable PC Sync??
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Mea culpa. It didn't occur to me that you were accessing the camera webUI from a remote LAN.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there is nothing I can find that lets a user make such adjustments and I agree that I think this would be a great idea. Seeing I don't find this in ASP, NVR, IP Camera or any other device offered I would make a post in the part of the forum asking for Features and you can find that here
https://amcrest.com/forum/feature-device-request-f31/

Outside of that for now I would maybe just setup ntp to 1 min (as you have done) and with the system in the right time zone after you have logged out it will know that the device is set at wrong time and your time will be correct for recording until next update to your Device if it is one still on the slate for updates anyway. Any device that is Discontinued wouldn't see this even if features request was made.
Be Safe.
jack7continued

Post by jack7continued »

Are you using the camera Web UI with IP address and VPN or port forwarding, or amcrestview.com with P2P, to liveview and replay your remote camera?  Amcrestview.com may not use synch PC.