Full screen always goes to main display

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
c000159

Full screen always goes to main display

Post by c000159 »

I am viewing my cameras through Chrome using the IE Tab extension. I have 6 monitors but I do not view the cameras on the main display.
When I go to full screen, it does not use the monitor I have the web view running on, but it goes to the main display. How can I change this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Full screen always goes to main display

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forurm

Sorry not sure how to fix your issue. I know there are a few limited Recorders that have a Matrix system. It would be nice to know the Model number of the recorder your talking about and the FW your using as well.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

c000159 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:49 am I am viewing my cameras through Chrome using the IE Tab extension. I have 6 monitors but I do not view the cameras on the main display.
When I go to full screen, it does not use the monitor I have the web view running on, but it goes to the main display. How can I change this?
Here's what I would try using Amcrest Surveillance Pro. 
SmartPSS is about the same as Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/How_To_U ... o_Monitors
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jack7 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:08 am
c000159 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:49 am I am viewing my cameras through Chrome using the IE Tab extension. I have 6 monitors but I do not view the cameras on the main display.
Here's what I would try using: Amcrest Surveillance Pro. 
SmartPSS is about the same as Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/How_To_U ... o_Monitors
I tried ASP on Win10 with multiple monitors .  It worked fine and displays full screen correctly on the right monitor, not like camera Web UI.  ASP uses about the same processor time as camera Web UI, when displaying one camera.

Revo2maxx, I'm not sure why you are discussing recorders.  OP did not mention recorders.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh I see, As I said in the start of my Reply I needed more info.. While I have had issues as stated so I thought it was related to viewing the cameras over WebUI of a Recorder.. Sorry only used ASP on Multi Monitor setup ever a Single camera so only know of issues related to Recorder and Main monitor.

Thanks for the pointing out..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So ok Thanks now I see what is being talked about.. As jack said ASP would be best bet for a few cameras. Sorry thought it was related to a Recorder using Zero Channel grid. I don't use my Multi Monitor Computer for accessing my cameras and only used it in testing back some time ago with ASP.. However after logging into my system, using a older 850EB, and moved the window to the sub screen. Once clicked on for full screen it moved to the main screen full and left a empty window for control of the camera if it was like my 850 I was still able to control the PTZ on the second screen while using the Full Screen for large View.. So with that said I am going to guess the full screen to main is to leave controls behind for access..

Looking through the settings for multi screen I didn't find anyway to change that behavior here is using ASP with 2 of my Recorders and same could go with cameras as well one Full screen one normal screen

Edit, My images were online and was to large, I didn't feel right leaving them so I made a screen shot of them both and this image is only 1.2mb rather then over 7.. Other then that detail these are complete images from ASP using 2 monitors..
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5856 times
Be Safe
c000159

Post by c000159 »

I am using the DVR model # AMDV10818-S4. System version is 3.210.AC01.8, Build Date: 06-10-2017.

I have tried using the Surveillance Pro software but there is a huge lag and the cameras are not always in sync. Additionally, the video is very jerky - it's always trying to catch up with the correct time. So at one point a camera might display the time as 08:28:10 but then the next second it will jump to 08:28:25. The web version doesn't seem to have that problem.

The ASP will who the full screen on the correct monitor. But the web version will not.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for clearing that up..

So there is a lot there from what I have seen in my things so again it is going to be hard to know for sure what is going on. However it almost sounds like there might be a Connection issue from your DVR to the Switch/hub or router that for me I would try 2 things to see if it cures it, Change Port and change cable..

Another thing that I doubt is the issue however that is if your watching motion events that your trying to sync on CHx while watching a full event on CHy it might not have had anything recorded between them times. However you said don't have that issue using WebUI so I doubt that is the issue.

So next thing is that if lets say in ASP if you leave your Live view up and your playing back or something that can make to much power needs for CPU or Ram over what your current setting is.

While I can and have used some really cheap older computers for ASP I will admit that most of them seem to work better when they have i7CPU and 32gb ram. I do and have used it in systems with less but they are always running in the red

Keep in mind that having a lot of devices between the DVR and computer running ASP can cause lag as well. Having a Switch and DVR and Computer connected as close to each other is best for me. I notice now that one of my Main Switch blew up in the last lightning storm that my older switch don't work as well as my bad one.
Be Safe