Chrome and IP8M-T2499EW

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
DigitalPixel

Chrome and IP8M-T2499EW

Post by DigitalPixel »

Most of the camera functions in Chrome are not visible. I'm talking about all the buttons in the lower left and top right of the live view. If I log into IE they are all there but there is a message saying that IE is not supported anymore. So with Chrome do I still need to install a plugin to get them back?
I just updated the FW on the camera to the latest version.
jack7

Re: Chrome and IP8M-T2499EW

Post by jack7 »

You may be lucky. It appears there is prior firmware available to go back to where you were before you upgraded. Go to https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
2499Capture.JPG
2499Capture.JPG (34.63 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
DigitalPixel

Post by DigitalPixel »

Yes that was the original FW. For some reason the version number is the same. It just has a different build date. But with the original FW I need to install a plugin or something in Chrome. With the updated FW it just worked out of the box. So why does the new FW take away all those features?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

"So why does the new FW take away all those features?"

Because the developers decided to. Maybe they will add some features back someday.
Apparently the Web UI worked fine for you before you upgraded the firmware. So you could try going back to the previous firmware. At least you have a choice. With some other cameras, you could not go back after upgrading.
Update:
You may need to use an even older version. See https://amcrest.com/forum/beta-testing- ... 12593.html
There is a link there with a 2018 version. In any case, try contacting Amcrest support about it. See top of this page.
DigitalPixel

Post by DigitalPixel »

The web UI worked but there was no live view and I didn't install the plugin because I read that the latest FW doesn't need it. When I clicked on the link that web view shows it just displays instructions on how to install the plugin. I couldn't even find the Amcrest Web View in the Chrome store. The search results didn't find anything.

But with the newest FW I'm missing all the features circled but have live view. Sorry, the only thing that is shown is the speaker icon on the top right.

This is how it looked like with the original FW...

jack7

Post by jack7 »

Based on that screen shot, I think it would have downloaded the plugin and worked if you had used the Internet Explorer (IE) browser instead of Chrome.
You could try loading the previous FW in the camera and using the IE browser. IE comes with Windows 10 and is supported. You don't have to use it for anything except your camera Web UI.
DigitalPixel

Post by DigitalPixel »

In IE there is a message saying to use Chrome because IE is not supported anymore. So my only option is to use Chrome with the latest FW but then I will be missing all those UI features.
patric

Post by patric »

It doesnt seem at all silly to want to use a more secure browser with a security system.
Firefox would be my first choice but even IE would be preferable to Chrome.

Goodbye, Chrome: Google’s Web browser has become spy software
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... me-switch/
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Everyone is entitled to there own Opinion and this is one persons spin on trying to get people to stop using Chrome.. Chrome is much more user friendly then others. Used to use only Firefox and let that go long long time ago and it has been Chrome since. Love the ability to use it on my phones and all my computers and able to let me have the ability to have what I did no matter what system I am on...

Alexa and other things are more of a SPY then Chrome ever is...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JamieLanger

Post by JamieLanger »

Amcrest IP camera has 112 degree field of view which is perfect for any application. I would prefer it over chrome.