Change Language From Chinese [to English]

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
HolesFlow

Change Language From Chinese [to English]

Post by HolesFlow »

Experts,

Initial setup, web interface. I've worked with these before, so used to the R-Click... Putting it in for customer, but it came up in Chinese. Login, web interface, all of it. The manual here has a lovely graphic on page 105 that looks nothing like this new NV2104...

I called support, and all I could get from the thick accent was "Format Upgrade"...

If you know how to do this, could you explain the links & pull-downs in either Chinese (so I can follow the menu), or in "3rd row, 4th icon, 2nd tab, etc." navigation?

Thanks!!!
amcrest168

Re: Change Language From Chinese [to English]

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @HolesFlow and welcome to the forum. i have an amcrest nv2104 and while i do see an option to change the language but 'english' is the only value in the language drop down. if yours is showing multiple values in the drop down, can you take a screenshot and let me look at them?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum
I am not sure where you were at when you bought the 2104 or if it is used? But I am going to guess that you bought an international version of the Hardware?

If you bought NEW the seller is in USA I would see if they can swap you out one that is in English? Only ones I know that have the Option for different values other then English is International most of them are sold over seas... It is odd to hear of some one in USA that has one..
Be Safe.
HolesFlow

Post by HolesFlow »

Thanks for writing!
Bought from Amazon (I sent the customer to this link)...

If this is Amcrest for US distribution, then I guess it is US...

You saw the manual page in the OP that is supposed to be in these, so here is what I see on what I can only assume is the same page:

And the closest match of a pulldown (note one choice):

So... is this the US Amcrest as a seller on Amazon, or...?

P.S. As Amcrest is Chinese, any Chinese readers/speakers feel free to chime in! :)
HolesFlow

Post by HolesFlow »

Also, the manual says something like 7 languages, selectable, which would make sense... So are there multiple versions?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

the language value is showing 'simplified chinese.' are there other values in the language drop down? are you certain the device type is a nvr2104?

can you click on where the arrow is pointed and do a screenshot?
IMG_20200609_183655-scaled.jpg
IMG_20200609_183655-scaled.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1124 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very odd but does look like the menu.. The 3rd drop down in the list is a drop down should have English in there sadly mine I have a 2116-HS and only option in mine is English.. Did you try that drop down and see if English is in there?

There is a picture of mine
20200609_202735_resized.jpg
20200609_202735_resized.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1110 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I thought I would say... Sadly before I did the Update my Blue Screen like in the picture was there.. After I did an update it is now this color as my picture showed...

Odd thing is that the RT32 sounds like not a 2104 but maybe a 32ch? There is also other Rt32 machines that are from a different Brand all together...

Sadly I am not sure.. Maybe your Machine has VERY OLD FW on it that had the China Language still as the first setup.. Infact it might have been as it has been to long since I started up mine that mine may have had all the other on it as well.. However because it knows that I am in America that the FW update now only List the English or might have been only updated for English...

Problem is that these as stated before do come from China.. Might have been the start out FW loaded from Day it was built.. Put in new Update FW of current even if same as the one listed it will update to English only I am guessing...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh Also sorry I forgot to mention and was going to in my last post but the Picture that was first posted from the Manual is a General Picture and the manual is at times for many different models and the picture with very blue screen as I said mine was when I first bought it.. However I remember when I started the NVR for first time it did ask me what the Language I was going to use??? Is it that maybe you didn't use the Setup Wizard and when it loaded it for the first time it started in as your pictures show?

Sadly just guesses
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i have asked @HolesFlow to post a screenshot so i can help validate the exact device type. if the device is confirmed to be a nvr2104, then the solution could be as simple as a firmware update, with confirmation from amcrest support.