Can you force a file split?

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
patric

Can you force a file split?

Post by patric »

One of the things I miss by migrating to IP cameras is the near-instant playback ability from a system that didnt require files to be broken into segments, or "Pack Duration" as Amcrest calls it.

Other than setting the duration to to small a file size, is there a way to force the "pack" to close the file early so the segment can be immediately viewed in an emergency?

It would have to be done without interrupting the NVR or IP camera recording.
This would be a major plus for serious security installs where a near-instant playback would be an often-used necessity.
jack7

Re: Can you force a file split?

Post by jack7 »

I don't see a way to do it in Amcrest Web UI without a recording interruption. But I can do a near instant playback without recording interrution using a Camect NVR and Amcrest camera.
patric

Re: Can you force a file split?

Post by patric »

The Camect sounds like fun, but I would only be able to use three 4K cameras with its bandwidth limitation so I'll wait till the next version. How much is the subscription?

Camect probably deserves its own topic; or for that matter, anything to replace the NV4108.