Can’t Login to IP Cams' Web UI

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dljone1

Can’t Login to IP Cams' Web UI

Post by dljone1 »

I have a couple of IP2M-841B IP Cams that I am trying to connect to my Synology Surveillance Station NAS. I want to use this as my NVR.

My IP Cams have IP reservations on my Netgear Nighthawk router. I have live feeds on the Amcrest Android app, Surveillance Pro, and the Tinycam Pro app. I have a NOIP static ip registered and I used this to connect one of my IPcams using the IP/DDNS setup via the Amcrest Android app. Port 37777 is open (port that is part of Surveillance Pro setup). I can set up a connection to the cam in Surveillance Pro using both P2P and IP methods (using NOIP static URL).

I’ve been trying to log into the IPcam directly using the Chrome Amcrest Web extension. When I try entering the IP, I get a “site can’t be reached.” When I try using the NOIP url, it asks for login credentials but it does not accept my camera’s login, I get a 404 resource not available.

I’ve also tried using the Amcrest IP config tool but neither IPcam shows up. It does not recognize the IP address; “connection failed.”

The endgame is to connect to Synology Surveillance Station. To do this don’t I need to adjust settings on my IPcams using the webui?

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know if you need more information.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Can’t Login to IP Cams' Web UI

Post by longedge »

Can I clarify, are the camera and NAS at different locations and on different networks, a WAN connection?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

The NAS is connected to the router via a Powerline connection.

The camera is connected wirelessly to a 2.4ghz guest network.

Late development

I was reading https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... a-To-A-NAS and was finally able to connect to via an Ethernet cable. I adjusted the camera settings as described in the post and was able to connect it to Surveillance Station via port 80. I was very excited until I disconnected the ethernet cable and the connection was lost.

Is it that Synology CAN'T connect to the camera wirelessly?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

If the camera is connected to your routers guest network then it won't be able to communicate with any devices on your 'proper' network. Guest networks are not allowed full access for good reason. I would suggest re-configuring your camera wi-fi to connect to your normal LAN.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Need to double check that the IP address your connecting or trying to connect to is really your Wifi IP most times it will not be the same IP as your Wired connection and if you did setup the 2 to be the same might have issues. I have seen this happen where it can work for some of my cameras and it won't work for others..

When you go to connect with your routers Wifi you see a message that says it has connected? Then it should show that IP that it was given.. If that IP is from DHCP then we know it is right however if it was done Static it might be that it is Failing because there is missing info that may not have been entered right or may have changed because of IP range ...

This is one reason I always tell people to setup DHCP for connecting Wifi until the connection is made and the camera is connected over the WIFI connection (Cable Removed) then and only then would I say they should or could change from DHCP to a Static IP making sure to keep all info as it was while in DHCP while only changing the last Number of the IP to one that fits their needs.. The Reset should remain the same but sadly most times when changing over to Static it removes all info back to the normal 192.168.0.XXX that it started with most times...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe