Cameras which do no require a plugin

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jwadsley

Cameras which do no require a plugin

Post by jwadsley »

New user here, trying to figure out which of the armcrest cameras do not require a plugin?

I have an Armcrest 941 which, after a firmware update, no longer needs a plugin in chrome.
I have an Armcrest 841-v3 that out of the box did not need a plugin

Wondering if there are others, specifically the IP2M-853EW if it needs a plugin of any sort of if it will be updated to use javascript?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras which do no require a plugin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum..

So I can't say if the 853EW requires a Plugin or not however seeing I don't see it on the list of current FW updates I am going to guess that 1 it had an update that was found to be Flawed so they are re building the Update or one hasn't been made for the camera and nothing on line..

However if you look at the FW page you can see what cameras have the 2019 and 2020 fw anything in the 2019 and 2020 line of FW would be a Chrome no plugin needed camera..

https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

Thanks, that is helpful to know! I'll take a look at those
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

By that logic, does this mean the 866w doesn't require a plugin any more?
Attachments
Amcrest Camera Plugin.jpg
Amcrest Camera Plugin.jpg (28.24 KiB) Viewed 8959 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking at that cameras setup it might be ok to post on the side of the house. Yes all Cameras and Recorders in the CCTV part of Amcrest as far as I know at this time of writing cameras with FW of 2019 and 2020 no longer require Plugin and can work on Chrome Direct without Amcrest Chrome App..

Please keep in mind that from what I can tell the back of that camera is pure sealed and only weak link would be where the antenna and maybe where dome connects. SO if you were to put on wall rather then ceiling I would only do so if most of rain fall would not hit the camera. So if you put this on the side of the house totally exposed to the rain and snow if you get such as I do it might be an issue. One at the Antenna and 2 I have an outdoor camera that has a Warning that it should only be mounted with globe facing down because looking over the dome it isn't very secure so it might be same with that one seeing it is so small of a design.. However with Quality of camera from Amcrest I am sure the dome has a nice seal but just wanted to make sure to look over that well if it was exposed. Also not sure as some do also say camera should only be installed a certain way so I would double check that as well..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

Appreciate the help. This camera would be under the eves facing out, so hoping to be able to look about 50 degrees down and 10 degrees or so up.