Auto Logout

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
SmokyMtnRed

Auto Logout

Post by SmokyMtnRed »

Is there any way to prevent Auto Logout and/or Time Out? I wish I was able to log in remotely and have a feed remotely as long as I desired without having to log back in and set up my views again?

Current setup is:
- (3) IP8M-2493M
- NV5216E-8P
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Auto Logout

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly using a NVR or Camera with a FW on it from 2019 or 2020 and or even 2021 if there was one is going to have that issue..

However while it is a pain it is a Safety in place from keeping a system signed in while the Owner is away from the system after a set time that Amcrest has installed in the setup expires it will make you sign in if you try to change views, or got to some other option from the current Preview (LiveView) if that is were you were when last action...

What this means, If your setup to monitor your NVR on a 8ch split, while in say Camera 1 for listening to the audio of that camera, When someone was to click on say camera 4 to listen to that audio it would require to sign back in if that time was expired.. However if the time is still valid it will change to the camera and audio can play or the PTZ camera work and things like that...

Sadly issue is lets say it was like older FW and you can sign in and stay online for 3600min or 2.5 days without action within that time lets say someone that you didn't want messing around with your system came by to visit someone in your family and knows that you will be leaving for a weekend away from home, They want the New tools you just bought and the 85" TV that you just installed.. Seeing the system is still online they could go and turn off Recording for the next 2 days that is the start of your vacation and now they have a Window of being able to break in and rob you blind...

So yeah that is kind of a bad way to think of things but it could happen and keeping your system secure can make that something less likely to happen...

Then maybe thinking they just take the Recorder and cameras, No that is a lot of work, plus maybe some might have cloud backup or FTP setup and Motion alerts even in such setup having it open access can give them many different ways to disable your system if even only setting up a different Admin access to turn off and on the system for a window.. No need to take the Recorder if it is an inside Job...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
SmokyMtnRed

Post by SmokyMtnRed »

I 110% see the need for it but wish there was an option to disable it. Maybe allow a disable with a disclaimer stating the security risk. Thank you for your time and response, though.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

SmokyMtnRed wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:19 am Is there any way to prevent Auto Logout and/or Time Out? I wish I was able to log in remotely and have a feed remotely as long as I desired without having to log back in and set up my views again?

Current setup is:
- (3) IP8M-2493M
- NV5216E-8P
Instead of using Web UI, try using Amcrest Surveillance Pro on PC and Amcrest View Pro for phone/tablet to receive feeds from your NVR/cameras.  I doubt they would time out and log out.
Gjheth

Post by Gjheth »

Why when using the home smart app with my camera, I keep getting logged out. Ideas?
Gh
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

all cameras in JS firmware either it be the Smart Home cameras or the normal CCTV cameras have been setup for Security reasons to auto log out
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe