ash42 not displaying video with NVR4108 web user interface

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
fatmax1001

ash42 not displaying video with NVR4108 web user interface

Post by fatmax1001 »

How do I get the NVR-4108 web user interface to display the video? It can find the camera and it shows the data stream but no video.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ash42 not displaying video with NVR4108 web user interface

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

I am going to guess that your 42 has an Odd Stream Encode rate being a Smart Home Product and not built by same standards as normal Security Cameras are..

I say this because I have a camera that I needed to drop down from 704x480 (D1) to CIF to get the camera to display in my NVR under 8ch View Mode.. Only mode I could see it in was Full Screen and 8ch mode as Ch1 View after changing to D1 it works now.. However Keep in mind these cameras the ASH line and AD line are Smart Home cameras and changing Encoding from your NVR can damage the camera if not a change that should have been made.. I don't have a 42 I do have a 21 and that camera does have a 640x480 Mode so it works just fine..

Another thing to look at in your NVR is that you have it setup for both Main and Extra Data stream.. Main is full screen and Extra aka Sub is for small windows and low network speed app viewing...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
fatmax1001

Post by fatmax1001 »

Thanks. I can see the video of the camera when using Amcrest IP Config. Don't understand why the NVR 4108H can't display it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only 2 reasons I could guess.. 1 The Sub Stream is setup over 640x480 or that the camera if it don't display at all in your NVR then the Camera is setup over the 5mp setup the 4108h is set to... Oddly I have to admit that I have a 4k camera that does work in my 4018h and did pickup that it was 4k under encoding however I didn't leave it connected because I didn't want to cause any issues that I think it did anyway lol.. Seeing right after removing that camera from setup my System wouldn't display without first having to log in.. After a Reset of the NVR that has went away and when it comes online it will play all ch without having to first log in where before they showed a Lock and only 1 ch would display.. Not something there is a Setup for in that Model so found it odd where my 2116-HS does have the ability to say only let 1 2 3 display without first signing in Wish that was a feature of 4108h sadly it isn't and after a while I have to reset back to factory because it will get all funky and only reset fixes it...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe