Amcrest Web View on MacOS

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kross76

Amcrest Web View on MacOS

Post by kross76 »

I've worked all day and got my Amcrest NVR and cameras operational. ipconfig works fine on my 64bit Mac. Amcrest support gave me the "hidden" link to "SmartPSS", the new 64bit Mac app. Seem to work OK.

Last piece was to get into the NVR to configure the attached cameras. The only way I could get this to happen (via the configuration section) was to use Windows IE on my Fusion VM windows machine running Windows 10. This is awkward. I'd really like to be able to use the web view on my Native Mac -- either Chrome or Safari. I cannot find the extensions, and when I access the NVR's ip address, it downloads a "package" but I can't seem to manually install on the browser. And the Amcrest extension is not listed in Chrome or Safari's list of installable extensions. Can anyone give me some detailed instructions or point me to some documentation on installing web view, native Mac on chrome or safari. Thanks so much in advance.
adamulm

Re: Amcrest Web View on MacOS

Post by adamulm »

kross76, did you ever find a solution? I'm using a mac with Sierra to login to the web interface of my Amcrest NVR and every browser I've tried tells me I need plugins (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, SeaMonkey), and the only plugin I can find is the Amcrest View plugin for Chrome and even that doesn't work. I even tried installing an old version of Firefox that someone said works (v49.0.2) and it gets the same error.
Can you send the "hidden" link to the SmartPSS you mentioned?
WilliamA

Re: Amcrest Web View on MacOS

Post by WilliamA »

There is a new firmware for some Amcrest NVR models that do not use plugins.