Amcrest Web View - No Drop Down Menue

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mxlplx00

Amcrest Web View - No Drop Down Menue

Post by mxlplx00 »

Hi, I have an Amcrest IP3M-941B and I use Amcrest Web View on Windows when viewing from home. When I go to setup to turn on/off the Night Vision the drop down window opens but there are no text (options) in the window. Just a blank white window. I get this on all the configuration options and from every PC that I try to access the camera from.

Any help here?

Thanks
Marc
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Web View - No Drop Down Menue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Marc,

Sorry for the troubles. I find at times that I can have the same issues. While my issue was tracked down to a Bad Cable because 2 wifi cameras are connected via cable. At times with my ones I run wifi have had this issues I restart my Router...

Also might want to think about setup. There is an option if I remember right that says Color full time so either under normal, day or night it would always be color. If I am wrong and that was one of my other cameras I know for sure they have a Schedule for day and night and might want to change that setting for the hours of day and night. Profile Management, Then top would say Profile Management. If you pick Fulltime that will be B/W or Color what ever you choose. Apply or save... and from then on should be.

So I would maybe try and Reset your computer, or Router. Also what FW for the Camera are you using. It might be something that was messed up in your Version of the Firmware. Not telling you by any means that you should upgrade to the 2019 Version just wondering if it was a known bug for your current version.?
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

As you can see in my sig, I'm running my IP3M-941B's on the 'new' firmware and certainly don't have that problem as you can see from the screenshots. One thing I have found out recently is that if things have gone wrong then there's a good chance that a factory reset will sort it out (not just a reboot but a full reset).
1.jpg
1.jpg (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (34.4 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

The problem with no drop downs is happening on all of my cameras. It started in the last day or so. I have IP2M-841, IP4M-1051B and IP3M-943B cameras. The problem occurs on all of them and I'm sure it wasn't there a day or so ago. I restarted the cameras, rebooted the PC and nothing helps. It looks like it is just the drop down boxes that don't work.

Could this be caused by a new version of Chrome?

I found a PC with an older version of Chrome and Amcrest Web View works just fine. The drop down boxes all work.
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

Drop down work with Chrome version 77.0.3865.120

They do not work with Chrome version 78.0.3904.97
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Google is just dandy these days. First it is Gmail not working now they are messing with the updates so the menus don't work. WTG Chrome... have you tried in the Amcrest Chrome App? I would assume that would still work?
Be Safe.
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

While the drop down menus don't work in the App with the newest version of Chrome they do still work when you access the camera directly from Chrome. The video doesn't work but drop down menus in setup do work.

Export and import directly from Chrome don't work but they do work from the App.

I make setup changes using just Chrome direct to the camera and then use just the App to export (save) the configuration.
martin777

Post by martin777 »

I had the same problem in Linux Mint 18.3. Had to revert back to Google Chrome ver. 76.
Ver. 77 is not available for 64bit Linux.

Older versions HERE

p.s.--I will not update my camera's firmware without the ability to roll back to the original.
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi