Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Rgj34169

Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working

Post by Rgj34169 »

Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working.

Tried reinstalling won't work. Tech Support referred me to Forum.

Can't connect Video Doorbell.

Thanks

Joe
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Rgj34169 and welcome to the forum. what is your phone's android version? android 7 and above should work fine. are you using data or wifi when you were trying to register? i know you can register smart home either with data or wifi but you must have to use wifi to add the doorbell.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Rgj34169 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I see you are in good hands here with amcrest168 I am sure he can work you though this.. Odd that support wasn't able to help. Glad they got you to here so someone might be able to get your up and working.. I will keep an eye out..
Be Safe.
waryofdairy

Post by waryofdairy »

Hi, same problem here. Simply doesn't work, so is completely useless. I'm on Android 8.0, I get to the part where you enter the country, then put your email address in - but the "send verification code" button doesn't become active so i can't go any further, very frustrating!

Was there ever a resolution for this?

Cheers
waryofdairy

Post by waryofdairy »

well, clearly this forum is useless as well! :lol:
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @waryofdairy and welcome to the forum. i helped a neighbor register smart home app on an android 8 phone and it installed and registered fine. he has a samsung phone on metro pcs. i suspect it may be your particular phone.

try uninstalling, reboot, and reinstall the app. i still suspect it may be your phone.
rvz22

Post by rvz22 »

Ran into the same problem. Couldn't register with the app. Turns out the problem is with the app. When you get to the page where it asks for your email address, you have to also RE-CHECK the checkbox regarding the license and agreement terms. It came up as already checked on my screen. I had to double click it to get it to accept, then it allowed me to complete the registration.
syslab

Post by syslab »

rvz22, amcrest168, that did not work for me.
syslab

Post by syslab »

@waryofdairy did you ever get this issue resolved? I am experiencing the same issue with Android 10 OS on Samsung Note 10. I tried two other Samsung Android devices and different email address and still did not receive the verification code.
syslab

Post by syslab »

@amcrest168 I have had 4 other friends try Apple/Android devices and my as well as their email address to get the verification code so I can get an account where I can activate my new amcrest device and I have had no replies from the mail server. One of the email address I have is maxed out on the daily verification code sent by the mail server. It almost seems that the SMTP out on the exchange server or the mailbox is for the account that sends the verification code is limited.