Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
UltraTek

Re: Amcrest Smart Home Register on Android not working

Post by UltraTek »

Same issue, kinda makes the Smart Home products useless as there's no way to link the base station hub any other way. I've been waiting for a reply for a few days now, just about to give up and find a different product.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @syslab and welcome to the forum. you have mentioned android 10. do you have an older android phone that is on android 7 or 8? i suspect the issue may be related to the app not cooperating with android 10.
UltraTek

Post by UltraTek »

@amcrest168 The verification email isn't working on iPhone, Android 8 or 10. I've tried multiple devices, on different carries, and different email addresses, to no avail. The verification email system is simply not working. Is there really no other way to manually add a Smart Home Account on the back-end until the Application is working again?
mjzapjr

Post by mjzapjr »

Can confirm. Upon registration, no verification email is being sent/received. Hot garbage. I'll give it a day or two to straighten out but if no resolution, this thing is going back.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

it's possible the verification email server is down. i suggest to raise a support ticket. have any of you raised a support ticket?

https://amcrest.com/smarthomesupport
mjzapjr

Post by mjzapjr »

I did about 2 hours after my post here. I played around and tried different things first like using a tablet that was on Android 9 (that's the oldest device I have up and running right now) several other email addresses and my neighbors network as a just in case - who the hell knows.
benjay

Post by benjay »

hitting the same issue trying to set up a doorbell, no verification email.
Is there a way to bypass the account requirement to setup the wifi?
Crystalpaolin

Post by Crystalpaolin »

The app isn't sending me a code to register either. I've tried on a samsung s9 and s10 with 2 different emails and I'm not getting anything. Very frustrating.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i'm on android 7.1.1 and the latest android i have personally used to help my neighbor register his smart home is on android 8. sorry i don't have anything newer than android 8 to test. i suggest for you to open a support ticket perhaps support has a way to provide a verification code directly via email.
Jahnvidren

Post by Jahnvidren »

Same issues here, tried with S20 Plus running Android 10, and an iPad on 12.4.6. Never get a verification email. Have tried clearing data / cache, rebooting, etc.