Amcrest app is only showing the first recording event of each day

Have some questions or having issues with the Amcrest WebUI? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Kanebreak

Amcrest app is only showing the first recording event of each day

Post by Kanebreak »

Hi, I've had an Amrest DVR system installed in the house for quite a while, but recently have started having a strange issue with the app that over an hour with Amcrest tech support on the phone left me no closer to resolution than when I started. Haven't seen any posts with this issue either, so maybe I just have some unique glitch.

Basically here's the issue - randomly one day I noticed that the app only reflects the first recorded event of each day, of each channel. I put a monitor on the DVR and confirmed that it is indeed recording all motion events as expected, so it just seems to be a problem with the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I have the app on both a tablet and phone and have the same problem on both devices. Also have confirmed that the Amcrest software you download to a PC works correctly and reflects all motion recordings.

Anyone else had this happen or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest app is only showing the first recording event of each day

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I personally don't have that issue and might be related to the App format your using. What Version are you using? I don't have that issue as seen in this post of someone with the same issue that can be found here. https://amcrest.com/forum/nvrs-dvrs-f19 ... 16382.html

So I am not sure why but maybe the app release your using is the cause and Amcrest will need to fix as that don't seem cool.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looks like I am using 4.2.028 from 02-09-2023, You can find yours by clicking the left 3dots with 3 lines, clicking Help, and clicking About at the bottom.
Be Safe
SN192

Post by SN192 »

I might have the same issue, kind of.
It started today; playback on the iOS and iPad OS versions of the app completely broke while still working fine through the WebUI.
When I go to the playback section of the app, only a sliver of green is shown hours before the current time.
When I go to playback the green section, the time jumps either to the front of the green section or some time in the right (gray) section, both of which are hours delayed from the actual current time.
I have reinstalled the app, restarted the NVR and formatted the drive, the issue still persists.
I am using the latest version of the app and the Appstore shows that an update was last posted 2 weeks ago while the issue only started today.

TL;DR
The playback feature in the iOS version of Amcrest View Pro has broken for me today.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@SN192 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

My guess is then it might be related to iOS devices as still no issue on older iOS device last update was long while ago. Or any of my Droid devices. I will pass it along to Amcrest Support and also you might want to make a Ticket for your device so they know it is more then just me reporting something. If I only pass it along might not seem as important if there is no tickets with the issue.
Be Safe
Kanebreak

Post by Kanebreak »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:21 pm Looks like I am using 4.2.028 from 02-09-2023, You can find yours by clicking the left 3dots with 3 lines, clicking Help, and clicking About at the bottom.
Hi and thanks for the quick response. Sorry for the delay in my end, I didn't get any notification that there were replies.

I'm using the exact version as you - 4.2.028. Definitely the latest Android app software available since I've tried the uninstall/reinstall a couple of times recently.

Thanks
Annonimo523

Post by Annonimo523 »

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE and have been having this same Amcrest app playback issue driving me CRAZY I'd say roughly a month now since I noticed. My Amcrest View Pro app version is 4.2.030 and the playstore shows it was updated on 3/15/23 which fits my guesstimate time-line of when I noticed so definitely the update. Hoping someone posts a solution to this issue soon. Or it would be nice to remove the last update to at least have a properly working app. Anyone know how to downgrade to the previous version on Android in the meantime? Maybe a link on the web or dropbox with previous versions to install? Don't like installing random stuff from the internet on my device but this playback functionality on my cameras is SUPER important not to have access to and makes me open to this.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure what is going on right now. I personally would make a ticket and ask that Amcrest provide a link for AVP 0023 because while I have not had any issue on 28 or now 30 others have said they do have issues on both and that 0023 works fine. However they show a picture of getting software from outside Amcrest source that I personally don't know so I don't trust anything that isn't directly from Amcrest do to this being Security system last I want is software from 3rd party that might have installed extra code that could pull your passwords. So Yeah get it from Amcrest or Beware where you DL from.
Be Safe